Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: - Fresh home made rose water made hair feel amazing !

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: - Fresh home made rose water made hair feel amazing !

Slightly tempted to steal some petals from a large clump of those rose bushes down the road now.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    Slightly tempted to steal some petals from a large clump of those rose bushes down the road now.
    Every spring, my school emerges in full bloom with flowers everywhere. I'll pluck one or two here and there, but I'm always scared some campus policeman will hunt me down for the vandal I am.

Length
    None/Shldr/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadMistress View Post
    - I've been researching what to use in my homemade condish and stumbled upon a simple recipe on how to make my own rose water:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkwurYKpO4

WHY DO PEOPLE BOIL THEIR ROSES????

Rose is such a delicate flower and fragrance. It does like to be heated. Cold steaping your roses in a jar is by far the best way to fully benefits from all its properties and, it will give you a pure unaltered aroma.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hgunderman View Post
    Oh wow, that sounds like it would be so great and soothing for the hair. I wonder if I could find any suitable roses in Wyoming Thanks for sharing!
    In Colorado, roses grow wild. I suspect they do in Wyoming, too.
    Perfectly suitable.
    A friend made some and I tried it with trepidation, as I'm allergic to rose oil and pollen, but this had very little reaction and I was able to see what the fuss was about.
    I'd not keep doing it, but if my skin like rose a bit more......
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AnqeIicDemise View Post
    I do something similar with lavender. There's an empty lot down the street from us where lavender grows wild. I like to take walks during the summer and take some armfulls at night when the bees are less active.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcloud View Post
    WHY DO PEOPLE BOIL THEIR ROSES????

Rose is such a delicate flower and fragrance. It does like to be heated. Cold steaping your roses in a jar is by far the best way to fully benefits from all its properties and, it will give you a pure unaltered aroma.

- I think it worked perfectly well, boiling the flowers, the water turned red and smelled amazingly and now I think the color in te water dyed my very red hair a bit more pinkish/purple .

But you're saying another way is to just put roses in cold water ? For how long ?

I love boiling them, the entire home smells like roses
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .

Length
    None/Shldr/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadMistress View Post
    - I think it worked perfectly well, boiling the flowers, the water turned red and smelled amazingly and now I think the color in te water dyed my very red hair a bit more pinkish/purple .

But you're saying another way is to just put roses in cold water ? For how long ?

I love boiling them, the entire home smells like roses
    You would just could steap them in a jar for about 3 days or so. Rose pedals are the most delicate fragile things you could possibly imagine.. To much stress or heat on them changes their fragrance and is going to basically destroy all the benefits you were looking for from the flower..

It is like the same reason you don't eat roasted almonds because all the antioxidants are destroyed in the heat. I don't have much to back this up with because if you were to look for rose water recipes online you would find nothing but boiling recipes..

I feel that you need to keep the roses as happy as possible to get the best fragrance..

This here is a fresh batch of rose water and fresh jasmine flower / almond oil infusion.. less than 5 hours old:

I use the rosewater from my local organic store every now and then. I think the brand is heritage products.

Length
    pixie/23/39
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm inspired to try my hand at making rosewater now
    Lady Elenya of Galadhrim in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    *Pixie*Chin*APL*BSL*Waist (definite goal)*Hip—>Classic??*
    2b/c * F *

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

You would just could steap them in a jar for about 3 days or so. Rose pedals are the most delicate fragile things you could possibly imagine.. To much stress or heat on them changes their fragrance and is going to basically destroy all the benefits you were looking for from the flower..

It is like the same reason you don't eat roasted almonds because all the antioxidants are destroyed in the heat. I don't have much to back this up with because if you were to look for rose water recipes online you would find nothing but boiling recipes..

I feel that you need to keep the roses as happy as possible to get the best fragrance..

This here is a fresh batch of rose water and fresh jasmine flower / almond oil infusion.. less than 5 hours old:

Should be easy enough to do a comparison. I have rose bushes in my parent's backyard, I'd be happy to do both methods and report back with my results.

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

- I did get benefits of using boiled rose water so I didn't destroy the rose leaves all positive effects . However I think both methods sound good and depending on what people prefer, they can do . If I find a jar I might try the jar method as well, have some aged rosewater ^^

With the boiling recipe, the person in the video says you should keep it in the fridge and use within 5 days because otherwise it goes bad . .
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .