Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1360

Thread: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Default Re: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

At 17 I walked into a salon and demanded my hair become platinum blonde, as white as possible.

It had been dyed black, full head application for 3 years before that point.

It took 7 hours and I lost nearly two feet of length.

It looked spectacular though...for two weeks, then it looked like garbage.

in the space between the finish and the start
    Length
    30ish/36/41+
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I was really young so I kind of have an excuse, but I stuck a large piece of surgical tape to my head... my mom was less than thrilled

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    Dyed it a lighter shade of blonde.
    Oh and the time where I asked Mum to cut off my beautiful, natural, waist length hair into a pixie cut in primary school. Lol!

ME, ^^^ I had hair that was past shoulders that was dyed black at 14?, my mother hated it so we got blond dye, as you can imagine that didn't go to well she asked me if i wanted to get new dye or chop it off, and in a rare moment of feeling bad for having her buy a new dye, i said to chop it off. Worst mistake ever! 34 now and my hair never gets past my shoulders usually stays short, CURSE YOU PARENTS! I can feel your pain D:

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

The unhappiest my hair has ever been was actually when I was trying really hard to take care of it and be 'natural' by doing the baking soda/ACV thing that was all over the 'natural living' blogs circa 2010. My usually shiny hair became dull and lifeless, and developed a gross, thick, waxy build-up - but I ploughed on with determination for months and months, thinking my hair must just be taking a while to acclimatise to this supposedly 'healthy' thing I was trying to do. When I finally went back to shampoo, I felt like a real failure. It's only now, reading articles like this, or this about how powerfully alkaline baking soda is, and how damaging it is for both the hair and the acid mantle of the scalp, that I'm so glad I didn't persevere for longer!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    1/1/40
    Type
    1c/F/iii

Remember that scene in the parent trap where the shorter haired twin gives the longhaired twin a haircut?
    I was 5 years old with hair down to my waist, and my hair was lighter then with beautiful blonde curls at the tips, and while watching the movie I decided to grab some of my school supply scissors and start cutting chunks off because I wanted to look like Lindsay Lohan circa 1998 as a kid.

It looked as if someone had went over my head with a lawn mower...

Fast forward some, I decided to hide the hair in my closet and wear a hat for the rest of the day. This was my flawless plan to have my mom not notice that I'd cut my hair. Needless to say, she noticed very quickly...and she was not very happy...and later on, neither was I. Lol.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

It's a tie between flat ironing it every day for years in my teens and bleaching my already fairly damaged ends. Neither of which were good to my hair.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    10"/10"/26"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Bleaching it, then dying it, then putting diy tape extensions in it, all in one day. My hair started falling out.

Long to be long-haired
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I had bleached hair and went to get a perm on top of it. My hair pulled apart like spaghetti.

Length
    12/24 in/40 in
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Worst things I've done include dreadlocking my hair with the backcombing method ;-; My hair got so damaged from doing that, and considering i couldn't condition my hair anymore oooo!

Other things I did was glue in extensions myself, and had so much glue stuck in my hair and the only way I could get it out was brushing it out of wet hair with conditioner in it,,,, oof that was a big regret. my poor wet hair ;-;

Also once tried to make homemade bleach out of peroxide, that fried my hair more than bleach does and didn't even lighten my hair omg that was bad too.

I've done sooo many regrettable things XD Not to mention every time I would get my hair long I'd find the need to chop it off or damage it in some way

An other time in middle school I gave myself straight across bangs, but i cut too far and looked like a mushroom omg

When I was really young my mom gave me a timeout in the bathroom and I retaliated by chopping my hair off XD she was so mad

I'm sure I have so many more regrettable things that I just forgot about XD But these are the most memorable ones

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I used to straighten it probably daily, sometimes on damp hair, when I was 13. It ruined my curl pattern for a time. Fairly standard curly experience I think.