Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Default How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Personally, I hate this so damn much. I don't know where their hands have been!
    It's also kind of a matter of my personal space.

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

I react with that 'YOURE INVADING MY PERSONAL BUBBLE!!!' feeling. That goes for most things for me though. I get freaked out when people stand too close to talk to me.....
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Length
    27,5/38/43
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

hate it, a while ago (when I had more girls in my surroundings, in school) they ALWAYS wanted to braid my hair. Thats only ok when I ask them to. Why do people touch other peoples hair? I can't get it, especially if you don't know the person. I think for most long haired guys this is a bigger problem, every guy I know with long hair (even if it is not so good hair) have girls ask them all the time if they could touch it, or braid it. I think they embarrass themselves by doing that.
    TBL->Classic
    Goal length: Below Classic

Type
    1a/F/M/iii

I highly dislike it, but I dislike being touched in general.

Length
    HL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

My gut is to say I HATE it. But when I sit here and think about it... dang. I don't recall that anyone has touched my hair in years. Likely not since college at least, and possibly not since I was a teen. Matter of fact, it's been years since anyone has touched me at all, anywhere. Probably the last time was the last time I visited my super touchy-feely family, which was like three summers ago. Maybe four? Yeah, four I think... my nephew was a tiny baby, and he'll be four this summer.

Anyways... I remember in the past feeling awkward and intruded upon when my personal space was violated. But it's been a long enough time since anyone was close enough to violate my space that I don't recall much how the feelings feel.

I don't like it if I don't know them, and it creeps me out even if it's an accident.

My younger-than-me supervisor once asked if he could pull my hair. That was weird.

I usually don't mind people I know playing with my hair, as long as I trust them not to tie knots in it, or damage it.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I become afraid they'll damage it. But I like it when my boyfriend plays with my hair. He's african so when we first got together he was pretty fascinated with how soft and smooth my hair was lol

In general not a lot of people touch my hair. My family does sometimes and it annoys me when my grandmother rearranges my hair when I put it a certain way.
    I would probably feel a little awkward if strangers asked to touch my hair
    Ho ho ho to waist we grow...

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

The only people who touch my hair apart from me are my husband and my family. I don't mind except when it results in a messed-up updo. It's damn near impossible to get my hair to lie nicely when it's pulled back because it all grows forward. Guh!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Can't stand it- invasion of my personal space.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

No one touches my hair, really. The whole idea seems weird to me though. I mean, you wouldn't just walk up to someone and grab them anywhere else if you don't know them well so why would you grab their hair?

My boyfriend plays with my hair sometimes when we're cuddling and that's totally fine because thats the nature of cuddling and he's ok .

Other than that, I work in childcare so if my hair isn't up, which it is 90% of the time, then I may have some little hands in it. But they're children, they don't understand personal space. I'll have someone jump in my lap just to ask me a question and then run off, so I don't blame them.

I did have a kid tell me my hair was like Tangle's (Rapunzel) and pet it the other day. But that was cute so I let it go.

So it all depends on the context!
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans