Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Where is your dad from, if I can ask, Sepp? Just curious because my family is Egyptian and there are not a lot of other people with Middle Eastern/North African background on the site.

(FWIW, in my family, it's lots of food and no "I love you," but lots of hugging/cuddling also. We have no concept of personal space, LOL, which for Egyptians is very typical in my experience.)
    He is Kurdish from Iraq. I think you are actually right about the touchy feely part.... I think my father is of that distant kind, as there are those "types" too. So saying I love you etc happens when I have worried his hairs grey and he needs to get me back on the right track (in my youth, this happened once). Perhaps it is more my father than a kurdish thing, because come to think of it.... there is a lot of hands on in the culture too, but perhaps not between the genders. I had some good friends from Egypt, they were coptic. I haven't talked to them in a long time.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    He is Kurdish from Iraq. I think you are actually right about the touchy feely part.... I think my father is of that distant kind, as there are those "types" too. So saying I love you etc happens when I have worried his hairs grey and he needs to get me back on the right track (in my youth, this happened once). Perhaps it is more my father than a kurdish thing, because come to think of it.... there is a lot of hands on in the culture too, but perhaps not between the genders. I had some good friends from Egypt, they were coptic. I haven't talked to them in a long time.
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing. One of the orchestral conducting students at the conservatory where I went to undergrad was an Iraqi Kurd. He and his wife were always really sweet to me. Makes me realize that I probably have classmates who are still in touch with them and that I ought to see how they are doing these days.

Length
    CBL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I actually REALLY dislike this, with a passion. Please don't touch my hair randomly! I cherish my hair and most people really don't know how to take care of hair in general, and have roughed up my hair by moving their hands all over in it and causing tangles. I have no idea why some people think it's fine to just randomly start touching people's bodies/body parts unsolicited. Feels so violating.

I'll never forget the time I was driving and my guy friend next to me, without ever asking, would not stop messing with my hair the entire ride, and really badly too. Swaying his hand in it up, down, side to side and creating a frustrating disaster out of my hair and making me feel so uncomfortable on top of that. Back then, I was too shy to stand my ground about my hair and being touched overall, sigh. Thankfully, I am much more bold now and do (kindly) make it a point to please just let my fine and fragile hair just be. I even take extra care of it (i.e. putting it up in drastically secure styles) during intimacy. It means that much.

Unless you know the person is okay with it or you asked, please don't do this!

Length
    20/32/33.5
    Type
    1c/C/iii

My grandma likes to play with my hair so I let her. She brushes it and braids it.

I think it's society changing. When I was a kid, everybody respected your space and kept a nice distance. I can't say about that now...I don't feel comfortable people touching me.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Nope. Please don't. I don't want anyone's grubby mitts on my tresses.

Length
    chin/mbl/wl

I don't like it. I'm worried it'll get damaged from the grabbing.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    Nope. Please don't. I don't want anyone's grubby mitts on my tresses.

This made me laugh, GoatLady. No kidding though.
    ​​​ LOVE IS IN TH​E HAIR​!