Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

Yeah, I don't let people touch my hair. It's a personal space thing. I'll let my husband touch my hair sometimes, but I have a lot of anxiety around breakage because my hair is pretty fragile.

Length
    10/37/70+
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

I guess Iím the odd one out that likes having my hair touched lol Iím used to girls coming up behind me and braiding my hair. Only thing I hate is when they braid too tight.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by amazighgworl View Post
    Uhhh, you guys let people touch your hair?
    I think... if you read the thread... not really. It's not that kind of site.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I donít mind at all it if itís a good friend or family member. Strangers or acquaintances, thatís just weird no thanks!

Length
    chin/21.5/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Family? Usually fine. Strangers or acquaintances, especially if they didn't ask? No. So much no.

Length
    10 in/10 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

When I was younger, my friends would play with my hair in school all the time when it used to be longer. My hair hasn't been long like that in 28 years. No one really comes up to touch my hair. I think if it was a stranger, it would be awkward, but if it's people I know, I really am not sure. It may depend on my mood at the time.

Length
    24/29,1/TBL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Post Re: How do you feel when people touch your hair?

I have had people ask me if they can touch my hair, which sometimes can make me a bit insecure about my hair if I am honest. I don't know what people expect curly hair to feel like lol.

I am generally fine with people touching my hair if they ask beforehand... If they don't ask however, it makes me pretty annoyed. It seems that people think it is okay to touch someone's hair without permission if it slightly deviates from the norm (even though my hairtype and curl pattern isn't really that uncommon). Maybe it has to do with the culture? People seem to be pretty open and direct here. I sometimes do wish people were more gentle with how they bring stuff regarding appearance. I have also had quite some people ask about my 'accent' or why I look the way I do (I am half Dutch and half Serbian).

I do appreciate all the compliments I get on my hair when I wear it loose, though. Makes me like my curls a bit more. Since I started wearing it in braids, about 3 years ago, the compliments have reduced significantly, makes sense I guess. People still ask to touch my hair though, since I wear two 'face-framing' pieces with my usual two braids.

It is so strange that when you have long hair, or are pregnant, people think they can just up and touch you.
    No, my body, if you ask I might say yes, but do not just touch people.

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

In my experience, most people either don't ask or they ask and then move in with their hands without waiting for an answer. I feel violated. My hair is a very intimate part of me. There are very few people I let touch my hair and even fewer that I like touching it.
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    ?/53"/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I feel weird. I don't go touching other people's hair, especially if they are strangers. I've known some of my friends for a long, long time and I haven't ever touched their hair...it just really doesn't come up as a grown up.

Sometimes I don't notice them touching and I move (usually when in line) and then my hair gets pulled...not that they ask, either (it seems this is common from the replies here). The stranger thing is better since I started putting it up all the time so

During covid times I feel weird even when some of my family touches my hair...I've become jumpy and preoccupied. I don't seem to notice when people are next to me at home. It's strange...