Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Hair Glitter? Shimmer?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Looking for Hair Glitter? Shimmer?

So I'm looking for some kind of hair glitter/shimmery spray to give my hair a little extra "sparkle" every now and then...

I know I coud just use actual glitter but I don't think that'd be very hair friendly (not to mention messy)

I know Herbal Essences used to have one, and I believe it was called Shimmer Spray, but when I picked it up at Meijer today and tried it at home, there was no sparkle, it was just like hair spray -_-'' I'm thinking it changed from the new formula

Suggestions?!

xoxo
    Long-haired, cat mom, and proud of it!
    =^..^=
    _( m )~~ <3

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Looking for Hair Glitter? Shimmer?

I bought some from Sephora (I think it was their in-house brand of glitter). They come in gold or silver. DH wanted me to get them but I'm iffy about spraying stuff on my hair, so I just bought them and stuck them in a corner of the house those are meant for hair and body, but since I've never used mine, I'm not sure how they'll turn out. Perhaps I'll do a strand test later and update you if you're interested

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I wonder if you could make some sort of paste? with micro glitter, and conditioner or oil and maybe use a color similar to your hair color? I'm intrested to know! Since I'd love to do something for nights out in the summer.
    ~::BSL:: ::WL:: ::HIP:: ::BCL:: ::*TBL*:: ::CL::~
    Lady Cugedhiel, who walks in the path of the ouemessourita, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Around Halloween every year they have a spray on glitter available. I think Sally's carries them too. They work pretty well but the smell is too much for me.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

The brand Enjoy has a great spray called "shine spray" It really does make your hair sparkle and very shiny. Also Sebastian has a whole line of shine products called "Flaunt" the Trilliant spray literally has little specks of shimmer in it. Chi Enviro also has a spray shine and a serum with little tiny shimmers in them too.
    These products may cost a little more but you wouldn't have to use hardly any to get the desired shine. In my experience just one pump of the spray does the trick. It would probably last me a year. Also the quality of them is much greater than the super sticky drying color sprays they sell around halloween.
    But...if you are on a budget you could find something at sallys in the temporary crazy colors section..who knows maybe it would work great for you. I know they have em.
    Someone mentioned mixing! That may be a great idea...youd need a very very fine shimmery glitter and some sort of oil or serum or whatever feels light on your hair so you could get it close to the root without feeling oily or greasy
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Alterna makes a seasonal shimmer spray for summertime: http://www.sephora.com/summer-hair-s...?skuId=1432012

It even has UV protection (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    I bought some from Sephora (I think it was their in-house brand of glitter). They come in gold or silver. DH wanted me to get them but I'm iffy about spraying stuff on my hair, so I just bought them and stuck them in a corner of the house those are meant for hair and body, but since I've never used mine, I'm not sure how they'll turn out. Perhaps I'll do a strand test later and update you if you're interested
    YES! I would love to know how it turns out
    Long-haired, cat mom, and proud of it!
    =^..^=
    _( m )~~ <3

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

If you get very fine body glitter/shimmer and gently brush it on to hair that has been previously stickified (my friend used hairspray, but I bet light oil or AVG would work as well) with a blush/kabuki brush it works pretty well. Best done on updos.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    shldr/bcl/more?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

There Nuxe's huile prodigieuse Or too.
    I used to buy it in the summer to use after sunbathing. I stopped because of the price (and i discovered cheaper oils) but i loved it, and the smell too.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    If you get very fine body glitter/shimmer and gently brush it on to hair that has been previously stickified (my friend used hairspray, but I bet light oil or AVG would work as well) with a blush/kabuki brush it works pretty well. Best done on updos.
    The Body Shop has (had? It might have been a Christmas special) a very fine glitter powder in gold meant for the face/body that could work for this. It came in a manual spray bottle with one of those "baloons" you squeeze to get a puff of the contents (go vague and confusing explanaitons!), so you wouldn't need a brush. Would only work on blonde hair, though, because there is non-glittery gold powder in there, too.