Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job!

Length
    14"/21"/28"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job!

Arghhh!!!! I want my year long heat-free track record back, jerks!

Sigh. I knew you guys would understand:-)

I swear my hair feels drier and more angry now, even after one go with the dryer.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job

Use a good moisture treatment, it should be all good. I say pretend you never blow dried, your allowed on day off with that record. I'm sorry after all that you didn't get the job.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: I caved and got a professional blowdry for an interview, and I didn't get the job

I am heat free, accept when I step into the car during the summer. My mini thermometer says 120 to 135!! some days .

I think to myself, surely this is drying my hair out as badly as blow dry. I feel terrible and then I think... screw it! This is unavoidable, I don't do anything else bad to my hair, I'm not counting it.

I think having a professional blow dry to try and try and improve your chances of getting a job is forgivable, and probably considered unavoidable by some. Don't be upset about it. And better luck next time around!
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

It sucks having to make yourself fit a mould, doesn't it? Just have to keep going, and throw in a few deep moisture treatments along the way.

Length
    14"/21"/28"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    It sucks having to make yourself fit a mould, doesn't it? Just have to keep going, and throw in a few deep moisture treatments along the way.
    Well put. It really does. Oh how I would have loved to have shown up with a damp coconut oiled bun! Sigh. Society.

Thanks for the support guys

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Today doesn't count as a blowdry day so you can have your record back. Things we do to get a job don't count!!
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

For your amusement: a friend with long hair, beard, and casual dress was getting ready to interview for a job he really wanted - psychology associate at an inpatient treatment facility. He cut his hair, shaved, and bought new clothes. The guy who interviewed him had long hair, a beard, was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, and kicked back to put his motorcycle boots on the desk during the course of the interview. Oh my; did my friend ever feel dumb!

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I blow dry twice a week or more and I do not think it damaging my hair, well at least the healthy 4 inches from the roots, LOL

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It doesn't count. Those dummies! I hated it that I had to blow dry on low for a few minutes today because I only had 45 minutes to shower/ get ready for work after swimming this am. At least you had a better reason than me.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Use a good moisture conditioner and then oil your ends! You'll be ok. Sorry about not getting the job!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length