Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222
Results 2,211 to 2,219 of 2219

Thread: Tangle Teezer

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tangle teezer

I've been using a handle-free TT brush I got off Amazon for a few years now. The quality is still the same as when I bought it! Very impressive. Now that my hair is a lot more fragile though (due to its length, finer texture, density lmao a lot of factors basically), I'm planning on retiring it as I feel it's a bit too harsh for me now. But I wanted to stop by and really underline its worth and value! Fantastic.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Somehow, my TT wet brush ended up becoming a kitty fur brush, lol. It actually works quite well for my nearly eighteen year old boy, who gets a lot of mats because he just can't groom himself as well as he used to. I know they actually make Tangle Teezers meant for pets, and I would like to get one, but I literally cannot seem to find any anywhere, suggestions?
    Angels are bright still, though the brightest fell. Though all things foul would wear the brows of grace. Yet grace must still look so. ~Macbeth

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

What's different about the one "for pets"? I'm sure it probably costs more but hair is hair
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    What's different about the one "for pets"? I'm sure it probably costs more but hair is hair
    I'm thinking something along those same lines. Might be some slight difference, but perhaps not enough to switch now that you already have one for your pets, Spinder. At least I wouldn't care. But I am also the kind of person that has children almost exclusively running around in hand me downs.

Foreveryours, you can stop reading now if you would like to avoid getting triggered by someone still insisting on, in your opinion, ripping their hair to pieces using a brush....
    I have a TT wet detangler and after trying that and the original Wet Brush, I am no doubt more happy with the Wet Brush for my hair. The TT snaps it a lot more. But I know some people feel the other way around. I'm just prefering the long, soft bristles of the Wet Brush. They brush through my hair like nothing else.

Length
    Chin/37"TB/Term
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I got a TT for a birthday or Christmas a couple years ago, with a handle. I don't use it wet (I tried it a couple times, didn't cause breakage but wasn't fun) but I do love it for pre-BBB detangling, with a little bit of oil. I love having the handle, it fulfills some urge deep inside of me that yearns to use a plastic paddle brush on my hair lol.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    I'm thinking something along those same lines. Might be some slight difference, but perhaps not enough to switch now that you already have one for your pets, Spinder. At least I wouldn't care. But I am also the kind of person that has children almost exclusively running around in hand me downs.

Foreveryours, you can stop reading now if you would like to avoid getting triggered by someone still insisting on, in your opinion, ripping their hair to pieces using a brush....
    I have a TT wet detangler and after trying that and the original Wet Brush, I am no doubt more happy with the Wet Brush for my hair. The TT snaps it a lot more. But I know some people feel the other way around. I'm just prefering the long, soft bristles of the Wet Brush. They brush through my hair like nothing else.
    I've also recently shifted back over to the wet brush as I've been struggling with splits, not to mention some severe breakage where I section my hair on wash day. Now I'm not certain that TT was the culprit, but so far I notice less hair in the wet brush after wash day compared to the TT. It also takes longer to detangls the way it stops on tangles. The TT "glided" through easily, but in hindsight I wonder if it was partially tearing.

Time will tell.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I've also recently shifted back over to the wet brush as I've been struggling with splits, not to mention some severe breakage where I section my hair on wash day. Now I'm not certain that TT was the culprit, but so far I notice less hair in the wet brush after wash day compared to the TT. It also takes longer to detangls the way it stops on tangles. The TT "glided" through easily, but in hindsight I wonder if it was partially tearing.

Time will tell.
    LOL what do you suppose that "sound" is when "teasing" those tangles? Nails on a chalkboard?
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I much prefer the wet brush over the tangle teezer.

A few weeks ago I got the TT scalp massager and exfoliator- it’s been extremely helpful with my prone up build scalp. My scalp feels less itchy and cleaner since using while washing, and I use it in between washes to relieve any itchiness I do have.

Length
    15/39/tbd
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    LOL what do you suppose that "sound" is when "teasing" those tangles? Nails on a chalkboard?
    Ok, in the spirit of contrariness, when you run the brush across your hand it makes the same sound - I think it’s just the noise these particular bristles make when they move.

While I use a wide toothed comb, a finer-toothed comb, and the TT (plus occasionally a soft bbb for smoothing the canopy of my hair in specific styles), I honestly have found it to not cause any more breakage than a comb and much less than other brushes.

My approach is: wide-toothed comb detangle, then finger/TT detangle, then fine-toothed comb if I’m wearing it “straightish” or braiding it; otherwise I shake it out and move on.