Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me acheive this style?

Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Exclamation Can someone help me acheive this style?

First of all, hello! Former lurker turned member finally! =D

http://www.short-hair-style.com/long...tyle-2006.html

Isn't her hair pretty?
    I was wondering if someone could help me with the style. The instructions are really vague...
    I can get my hair like that naturally, but only sometimes. I have to leave it in a low ponytail for a day or two to straighten out the hair above the ears. It's not very efficient at all. I've heard of using really big rolls, but I have no experience in them. I have no idea where to put them, what direction to roll them etc.
    I'd appreciate any help you all could give me. =]

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/SBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/iii

Is your username from Harry Potter, perchance?

You could try damp bunning, taking it out before bed, and then sleeping on it. I get something similar to this if I do that. What's your hairtype?
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    23/32/floor
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

The two roller thing is this:
    with freshly washed, damp hair put in scrunchie ponytail atop your head. I use velvet. Then you would use 2 or 3 magnetic rollers for the length. Then sleep on it.
    That does the trick for me.
    LilyMunster
    Lady LilyMomster, Guardian of SpunSilver, Ever Creating Beauty from Chaos -Member of the Renegray Gang-

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

It looks nice!

Maybe you could try "sock curling"? I don't have a link to any how-to though...

But basically you divide your hair down the middle of your head. On each side, take a sock put the ends of your hair in the "heel" part and sort of fold them in so the don't poke out (I think that is to make sure the ends don't end up being straight while the rest of the hair is wavy/curly). then just roll the sock up to about ear height and make a knot in it!

I think you're supposed to do that on slightly damp hair and then sleep in it so it dries with the sock in it.

ETA: Ah I found a link. You have to scroll down a little. (Unfortunately, the page where you could find pictures to accompany the instructions doesn't seem to work.)
    Last edited by Leisha; March 15th, 2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Length
    40/47/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I love that sort of hair styling!

Thank you for posting this. I've never been able to figure out how it was done (without heat of course), but I've always wanted to learn how to get those soft waves.

I know damp bunning works for some people but it never has for me (the hair at my neck absolutely refuses to dry when I do).

I'll have to try the magnetic rollers and sock buns, thank you both for the instructions!

Length
    26/26.5/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

That is a lovely hairstyle, thank you for posting it.

I'm sadly very lazy with my hair but the easiest way to get those sort of curls is to use one of those bun donuts with a popper or a string, or even just take a donut and cut it once . Take a piece of silk and wrap it around the donut thingy like a sweet, with enough silk at each end so that you can tie them in a knot. With freshly washed hair put all your hair as though your about to put it into a bun then use the donut thing like a large roller until all your hair in a bun on top of your head then tie the silk in a bow or double knot. I find I can easily sleep with my hair like that and in the morning pretty big curls that start at my jaw line.

The first day they only last three or four hours but if I do it two nights in a row they stay all day. If you have thick hair or very long hair you might need two of the bun things.

Also the lady in the picture does have slight layering at the front to soften the front.

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

What a great question! I'll have to think about this and try some things on my own hair before I'd have any answers for you, but I wanted to say Hi! in the meantime. That is a fantastic hairstyle.
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'd say a few smaller buns on top of your head left in overnight would do it. My hair comes out alot like this with one bun because I have layers
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

thats a lovely style and the colour is fantastic, post pictures if you manage to get the style, with instructions of course xx
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Well, I've tried two things thus far and did not end up with my hair looking quite right.

The first one I made three buns on the nape of my neck right after towel-drying and left them all day. I got waves, but not tight enough.

So the next time I made a ponytail on the top of my head and made about 8 pincurl curls (secured with bobby pins) and let my hair dry that way. Still not right and this time I ended up with a weird curve due to the ponytail holder.

I'm going to try making as many pincurl curls on the nape of my neck this weekend as I can and let my hair dry that way and see what happens.

Anyone else?
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!