Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Site (My Story)

Length
    1/2in/28.5/48
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Default New to Site (My Story)

Hello from Concordia , Kansas!

So I wanted to join a forum in which I could talk/rant about hair . Ever since I was a young boy I had become obsessed about wanting to look like Conan the Barbarian. It wasn't just because he was a role model in being a big, strong, and a powerful man.. But the long hair was a barbarian/medieval look which I simply wanted. My parents never let me grow my hair out. It was always prim and proper.. bleh.... when I was around the age of 15 the parents divorced and I lived with my mother. I was a little rebellious and started growing out my hair BUT, i had it all shaved underneath so it looked flipping RIDICULOUS! Well, since I turned 18, it was all gone since I joined the US Navy. Never again did I look back thinking I would ever have the opportunity to grow it out.

I was done with the military in 2002 and always wanted long hair but I could never get past it barely touching my ears without freaking out. Years and Years go by.. I tried again once in 2008, but people treated me like a hippie, assumed I road a Harley, flat out mocked me and had so much trouble with people approaching me. I could never do it.. I worried to much about how other people treated me I simply gave in and did what I had to to "Fit" in with the normal societies way of how 'MEN" ought to look. It wasn't till i was nearly finished with Nursing school in 2011 that I said you know what.. I'm sick of it.. why should I worry about how people look at me, I walk tall, I stand proud, I'm masculine, and was told I am a handsome man especially not looking my age being 32. So everyday I told myself that I will one day have the hair I wanted.. I will do it, no matter what the cost, what the grief or attitude I get.
    1 year later I've finally got to a point I love it.. its definitely not the length I want yet, but its on its way. From time to time people ask when I will cut my hair and I just tell em with a grin ear to ear, "When the front of my hair touches my butt crack, that's where Ill maintain it.. PERIOD!"

I look forward to posting images and keeping up to date with everyone here. I love criticism and I want your opinions! Not because they matter, but because I like to hear what they really think so don't hold back.. be honest.. I'm a big boy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Default Re: New to Site (My Story)

Another Murse? Good-o! Welcome to lhc

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip

Welcome to the LHC! I hope you enjoy the long hair journey, there's so much to learn here! Happy growing

Oh and great to see another nurse here! (i'm a student nurse!)
    Last trim - Nov 2012 Renegray
    Shoulder-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist-Hip
    Happy at hip for a while!

Length
    18/short/48
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Welcome to LHC! I recently went for a big chop to cut all my dye out and to look completely different! I wasn't happy with my hair so I did the unthinkable and cut it! I now look like a boy sometimes but that's a-okay with me!

We can have fun growing it out together!
    Super short again!

Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome to the community!!! Glad to see you here and this is a great space to rant about all kinds of things, learn lots and get metric tonnes of support.

You'll find plenty of support re: society's 'norms' and 'expectations' on the boards. We are all glad to have you.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Well done for taking the step finding LHC will definitly help you out, even if it's just to provide a bit of extra support when you're feeling disheartened. My dad has hair about the same length as yours is now, but it's strawberry blonde and curly wurly! He's 46 and people joke about his hair, but it seriously makes him look so much younger - practically everytime im out with him people will think he's my husband. When i was in high school people thought he was my brother

Length
    1/2in/28.5/48
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by humble_knight View Post
    Another Murse? Good-o! Welcome to lhc
    OMFG YES!!!! I swear NOBODY understand the scrubs that I made a while back..HAHAHA!! I love it! They always ask me.. "Whats that on your back Sir? Isn't that suppose to say Nurse?" Buahah!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Welcome to the LHC

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Welcome!

Judging by your profile picture (assuming that is you), you have a very masculine looking face, long hair seems like it's going to suit you well. You'll definitely have that medieval/barbarian look going on, and it's going to look great.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    28"/36"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Welcome!!!!

Yeah I was also just thinking, your gonna look awesome with long hair!! (not that it isn't long now) . Your definitely gonna have to keep posting lots of pictures with your progress, everybody here LOVES pictures. As we say, "pics or it didn't happen".
    PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin length..... for now.