Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair glitches in movies

Length
    bsl/46''/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Hair glitches in movies

I was watching The Secret of Moonacre last night and there is one scene where the main character's hair goes from a fishtail braid to a english braid in and them back again through out the whole scene. Also she ends up in a lake or ocean right after that and her hair is all of a sudden loose and as soon as she gets out of the water her hair is dry and in loose curls. Has anyone else caught glitches such as this in movies that they have watched?
    Lady Alastriona, Winged Beauty in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair glitches in movies

I remember in one scene of Dances With Wolves that the female love interest character had hair at least hip length, and in the very next scene it was only about BSL. Since she was on a horse from one scene to the next, I really don't think she had time and opportunity for a hair cut.

The magical Forest In David Bowie's Tights
    Length
    TBL/BSL/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I remember in one scene of Dances With Wolves that the female love interest character had hair at least hip length, and in the very next scene it was only about BSL. Since she was on a horse from one scene to the next, I really don't think she had time and opportunity for a hair cut.
    huh... I don't remember that happening! Nice spot!

Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Curly Girl Method!! Longest Length: Bum Length Current: BSL Goal: Shorter

Type
    2b/M/iii

Oh, tell me about it! What slays me is that when it comes to long hair the stylists don't have a clue when it comes to braids. The heroine may have braids around her head, but in a later scene her loose hair is no where near where it should be when it comes to length.

Also, some braids just don't "hang" as nature would dictate. And the entire head of hair and the braids are just so "picture perfect" that you KNOW its a wig. Yes I know most long hair in films is courtesy of a wig..but gee, does it have to look so phony?

Length
    calf/tb/tb
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

In Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers when they're going to Helms Deep, Eowyns hair switches from being down to being pinned back at the sides.

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Lord of the rings-fellowship of the ring, Galadriels hair changes curl/wave pattern all through the mirror scene. You can also see the weave of her wig in some bits!

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I remember that. it happened all throughout the movie. I think she was wearing extentions because her hair really didnt match up!
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/47/50?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I see stuff like this all the time.
    The biggest one I find is that hair will magically change from behind the shoulders, to in front of the shoulders when there is simple dialogue.

Length
    BSL/BSL/APL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I knew that Padme's hair change throughout the prequels, but by ROTS, her hair varied from TB to waist and to APL (?) in curls.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I've seen that movie umpteen times and I can't believe I missed this. That said, the second part isn't really a glitch. I think there's supposed to be quite a bit of magic involved (she's rescued by a unicorn and she isn't even wet after being in the ocean). It's not inconceivable that the powers that be re-styled her hair to make her look like a real 'Moon Princess' for her return.