Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair glitches in movies

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Hair glitches in movies

I guess the most famous one is Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Lots of length change. If you just watch her initial scenes with the Scarecrow, it is very noticeable!

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I don't have a specific one I can think of.. but I've noticed that most actresses have extensions in their hair, that look very amateur-ish.. I always wonder "did an actual stylist do that?"
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

I just watched Hitchcock's "Suspicion" with Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine, and at least once her updo noticeably changed character within a scene when it shouldn't have. And I definitely had the impression that some hairpieces were involved, at least a braided headband sort of thing, but that sort of thing I don't mind at all. I particularly enjoy the bit in "Notorious" where Ingrid Bergman's character plucks at her disheveled hair the morning after a boozy party and a big chunk of her formerly-elegant updo comes off in her hand. I don't really mind hair continuity issues, I kind of enjoy spotting them actually. It's a little movie-watching bonus! I guess if they were really extreme I might find it annoyingly distracting.

Length
    bsl/46''/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by melusine963 View Post
    I've seen that movie umpteen times and I can't believe I missed this. That said, the second part isn't really a glitch. I think there's supposed to be quite a bit of magic involved (she's rescued by a unicorn and she isn't even wet after being in the ocean). It's not inconceivable that the powers that be re-styled her hair to make her look like a real 'Moon Princess' for her return.
    My friend who was watching that movie with me and was already getting a little annoyed with me because I wouldn't shut up about the hair glitches finally looked at me in the last scene when her hair was dry and perfectly curled and said, "but you don't have a problem with the dog that turned into a lion or the unicorn!?!" my reply to that was "but her hair!"

I think I have spent a little too much time on the LHC!
    Lady Alastriona, Winged Beauty in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Kiki's Delivery Service; her bow changes the side of her head it's on numerous times. She's animated, but still.

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh yes. I distinctly remember this scene in Original Sin that has Angelina Jolie's hair a shade of black and also a much lighter brunette all in the same scene that takes place in a single room. I remember seeing it & thinking that multiple takes must have been edited together and at one point she hadn't yet had her hair darkened again.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I was vaguely reading this yesterday and couldn't think of any.

I watched a film last night called 'In Time' and there's a scene where the main lady is in the water, has soaking wet hair....runs out to go back inside, and magically has dry hair except for a slight wave in the ends.
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I get frustrated by length changes. I know that most of the time they are wearing wigs or hair pieces, but you'd think they would use the same one all the time on the same actress. Long hair varies from BSL to waist to longer... all over the same film.
    And don't get me started on braids! With my fine hair I don't lose much length with braids but even I lose some. Some actresses seem to go even longer when they've got a braid!

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladyfey View Post
    I guess the most famous one is Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Lots of length change. If you just watch her initial scenes with the Scarecrow, it is very noticeable!
    That's what instantly sprang to my mind when I saw this thread title!

Length
    <bsl/39"/long!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

The most recent one for me was on the show Once Upon a Time, when the heroin Emma was talking to her friend on the street. They were standing about three feet apart, and the cameras kept switching back in forth. Emma has BSL hair, and it was going EVERYWHERE between switches! Behind her shoulders, in front, half in front, a few strands in front, strands gone, re-styled, etc. Drove me nuts, I don't even know what they were talking about.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    bra strap - mid back - waist - lower back - hip - tailbone - classic - knee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~