Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Font Colors

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Font Colors

Flaxen,

Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post? That way, both changing colors and dealing with the change if it gives you problems are in one, easy to find place:

If you make a bookmark with this code as the "link" information, you can click the bookmark, and any changed colors and fonts will be returned to the LHC standard:

Code:
    javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagName){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement);%20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p.insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N);%20}%20})()
    I am opting out of the "Friends" system. All requests will be declined.
    Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice
    Ezekiel 23:20

Length
    5"/31"/40"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

love the sky blue one

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Flaxen,

Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post?
    Ursula,
    I am so sorry to be so late in adding it, but it's done now. Thank you for suggesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    Yep.. simply type your post and it chooses black

There has actually been a post about this somewhere to please use the default colors and formatting since some are so hard on the eyes.
    Hmm.
    I think she meant if you want it to be a certain color that is not the standard black, is there a way to set your account to that, because we know it automatically picks black as the default, there is no other color the program tosses out at random.
    I'd like to know the answer to that , too. I hate default, common black font but I get tired of manually inputting my preferred fonts and color.
    September 6, 2009

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Flaxen,

Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post? That way, both changing colors and dealing with the change if it gives you problems are in one, easy to find place:

If you make a bookmark with this code as the "link" information, you can click the bookmark, and any changed colors and fonts will be returned to the LHC standard:

Code:
    javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagName){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement);%20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p.insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N);%20}%20})()
    OK I'm not understanding this. Make a bookmark where? Will this make everything go to black and the standard font or just text in posts? I don't mind off colors and fonts in siggies. I just want to be able to read posts in black and the standard font. My eyes are so exhausted and strained by the end of the day and some nights I can barely read posts that aren't standard before I go to bed. Actually I had to skip several posts that I wanted to read last night due to this. Interesting colors and fonts do not make my reading easier. They often make it impossible.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Hmm.
    I think she meant if you want it to be a certain color that is not the standard black, is there a way to set your account to that, because we know it automatically picks black as the default, there is no other color the program tosses out at random.
    I'd like to know the answer to that , too. I hate default, common black font but I get tired of manually inputting my preferred fonts and color.
    Eadwine knew very well what she meant - she was just pointing out that many of us find alternative fonts and colours difficult to read and dropping a very heavy hint that black/standard font is easiest to read and most considerate towards other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    OK I'm not understanding this. Make a bookmark where? Will this make everything go to black and the standard font or just text in posts? I don't mind off colors and fonts in siggies. I just want to be able to read posts in black and the standard font. My eyes are so exhausted and strained by the end of the day and some nights I can barely read posts that aren't standard before I go to bed. Actually I had to skip several posts that I wanted to read last night due to this. Interesting colors and fonts do not make my reading easier. They often make it impossible.
    Carolyn - Gumball managed to explain how to do this this in another thread in a way that even I could understand
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...1&postcount=28

Once you have the bookmark set up, you just click on it and it turns all text to standard black

In answer to your question, it does remove colour/font formatting from signatures as well that has been formatted using BB code . (Your own signature has obviously been done using an image editing package and saved as an entire image, because I can see your purple script font even after applying the bookmark).

You seem to have to do it for each new viewing of a page though (unless I'm doing it wrong?)
    Last edited by Tabitha; March 29th, 2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added thought

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Thanks Tabs! I'll check that thread out this afternoon when I have a bit more time.

I did my siggy in a picture editing program I had on my old laptop. I didn't know how to deal with the "3 line" thing other than to make the whole siggy on my computer and save it to photobucket.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    APL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

test test test

Length
    bsl/hl/tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii