Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Font Colors

  1. #11
    Member Ursula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Age
    48
    Posts
    9,067
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    Flaxen,

    Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post? That way, both changing colors and dealing with the change if it gives you problems are in one, easy to find place:

    If you make a bookmark with this code as the "link" information, you can click the bookmark, and any changed colors and fonts will be returned to the LHC standard:

    Code:
    javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagName){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement);%20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p.insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N);%20}%20})()
    I am opting out of the "Friends" system. All requests will be declined.
    Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice
    Ezekiel 23:20

  2. #12
    Member Zaane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    56
    Length
    5"/31"/40"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    love the sky blue one

  3. #13
    night owl Flaxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Midback abyss
    Posts
    13,098
    Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Flaxen,

    Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post?
    Ursula,
    I am so sorry to be so late in adding it, but it's done now. Thank you for suggesting it.

  4. #14
    Garden Witch Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Marysville, WA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Font Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    Yep.. simply type your post and it chooses black

    There has actually been a post about this somewhere to please use the default colors and formatting since some are so hard on the eyes.
    Hmm.
    I think she meant if you want it to be a certain color that is not the standard black, is there a way to set your account to that, because we know it automatically picks black as the default, there is no other color the program tosses out at random.
    I'd like to know the answer to that , too. I hate default, common black font but I get tired of manually inputting my preferred fonts and color.
    September 6, 2009

  5. #15
    Queen of Purls Carolyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    16,521
    Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursula View Post
    Flaxen,

    Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post? That way, both changing colors and dealing with the change if it gives you problems are in one, easy to find place:

    If you make a bookmark with this code as the "link" information, you can click the bookmark, and any changed colors and fonts will be returned to the LHC standard:

    Code:
    javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagName){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement);%20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p.insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N);%20}%20})()
    OK I'm not understanding this. Make a bookmark where? Will this make everything go to black and the standard font or just text in posts? I don't mind off colors and fonts in siggies. I just want to be able to read posts in black and the standard font. My eyes are so exhausted and strained by the end of the day and some nights I can barely read posts that aren't standard before I go to bed. Actually I had to skip several posts that I wanted to read last night due to this. Interesting colors and fonts do not make my reading easier. They often make it impossible.


    I am not here to decorate your world

  6. #16
    ReMember Tabitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,665
    Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Hmm.
    I think she meant if you want it to be a certain color that is not the standard black, is there a way to set your account to that, because we know it automatically picks black as the default, there is no other color the program tosses out at random.
    I'd like to know the answer to that , too. I hate default, common black font but I get tired of manually inputting my preferred fonts and color.
    Eadwine knew very well what she meant - she was just pointing out that many of us find alternative fonts and colours difficult to read and dropping a very heavy hint that black/standard font is easiest to read and most considerate towards other members.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    OK I'm not understanding this. Make a bookmark where? Will this make everything go to black and the standard font or just text in posts? I don't mind off colors and fonts in siggies. I just want to be able to read posts in black and the standard font. My eyes are so exhausted and strained by the end of the day and some nights I can barely read posts that aren't standard before I go to bed. Actually I had to skip several posts that I wanted to read last night due to this. Interesting colors and fonts do not make my reading easier. They often make it impossible.
    Carolyn - Gumball managed to explain how to do this this in another thread in a way that even I could understand
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...1&postcount=28

    Once you have the bookmark set up, you just click on it and it turns all text to standard black

    In answer to your question, it does remove colour/font formatting from signatures as well that has been formatted using BB code . (Your own signature has obviously been done using an image editing package and saved as an entire image, because I can see your purple script font even after applying the bookmark).

    You seem to have to do it for each new viewing of a page though (unless I'm doing it wrong?)
    Last edited by Tabitha; March 29th, 2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: added thought

    GRD, 3 March 2007

  7. #17
    Queen of Purls Carolyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    16,521
    Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    Thanks Tabs! I'll check that thread out this afternoon when I have a bit more time.

    I did my siggy in a picture editing program I had on my old laptop. I didn't know how to deal with the "3 line" thing other than to make the whole siggy on my computer and save it to photobucket.


    I am not here to decorate your world

  8. #18
    Member Minahs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    38
    Length
    APL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    test test test

  9. #19
    Member potsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    28
    Length
    bsl/hl/tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Font Colors

    today im feeling slate gray

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •