Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Growing out pixie with no trims? Scared of the "M"

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Growing out pixie with no trims? Scared of the "M"

Quote Originally Posted by pixitolong View Post
    I'm still at mullet stage..after reading all comments.. I am going to document how long it takes and report mack when I can put my hair back in a pony tail. I have been measuring my hair every 2 weeks.
    It changes quite fast on hair so short, so that's a plus. But I really wouldn't measure every 2 weeks. Do it once a month and that's plenty! It's not great if you're focused too much on growth. It's like watching a pot boil.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixi/SL/tail
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It changes quite fast on hair so short, so that's a plus. But I really wouldn't measure every 2 weeks. Do it once a month and that's plenty! It's not great if you're focused too much on growth. It's like watching a pot boil.
    True thanks for reminding me. I am trying oh so hard to be patient. I am doing everything to distract myself. I also realised that I have been measuring my length of the strand which is not what it seems is how to do it. So if I measure correctly from my widows peak down the back at the start of August..I'm guessing I will have had a miraculous growth spirt lol.

Length
    1/1/24
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I am in the same boat. Has only been 4 months of growing out my pixie and I keep wishing for it to grow faster than it does. People meeting me after a months time tell me that my hair has grown quite a lot so that's very encouraging. I am also documenting my growth by taking a picture every month. Hope your patience paid off and you are at a comfortable length now.

Length
    1/1/24
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnysaur View Post
    That's what I did, minus the trimming. My hair guy gave me this cut that was totally freakin' awesome, a really cool asymmetrical bob/pixie thing. Think Emma Watson on one side, Marilyn Manson on the other, but girly and super awesome. This was over the summer, and then when I went back to school I had no way to maintain it, so here I am I had the most hardcore mullet stage ever. It was just... awful. I just put up with it, it only lasts a couple months, and I would have really regretted cutting off some of that length.
    a couple months sounds reassuring! After seeing so many threads on pixie and mullets a small part of me can't wait to see how my mullet will look like when it's finally here.

Length
    SL/APL/36
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

I grew out a buzzcut and trimmed at the nape until something passable for a bob... and I regretted it! If I hadn't trimmed, gone straight through pixie, to bob, to shag, I would have ended up with a perfectly layered mid-length hair shape. I think the mullet is between bob and shag. But as others have said, it depends on your starting cut. Some hairdressers accentuate the feathering on the nape, leaving it long for more of a feminine look. If you're starting from there, it's going to be a little different. But the main thing is that growing out a pixie is super fun, and every new length is a whole new look. Might as well enjoy it!

Length
    Bald/Ugly/BCL

I'm growing from bald ( with a longer bit on top) this time I'll keep the Mullet I cut Waaay too much last time around so after length over tidyness

Length
    1/1/24
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by thatsideoflife View Post
    I grew out a buzzcut and trimmed at the nape until something passable for a bob... and I regretted it! If I hadn't trimmed, gone straight through pixie, to bob, to shag, I would have ended up with a perfectly layered mid-length hair shape. I think the mullet is between bob and shag. But as others have said, it depends on your starting cut. Some hairdressers accentuate the feathering on the nape, leaving it long for more of a feminine look. If you're starting from there, it's going to be a little different. But the main thing is that growing out a pixie is super fun, and every new length is a whole new look. Might as well enjoy it!
    Ah! I see what you mean. I got a very short pixie with the back side almost buzzed. Maybe that's why the hair does not look awkward despite being 5 months into the growing period. I fully agree about each length bringing a new look with it. It is going to be an exciting hair journey I feel. Hope you are enjoying your current length.

Length
    SL/APL/36
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by keshkala View Post
    Ah! I see what you mean. I got a very short pixie with the back side almost buzzed. Maybe that's why the hair does not look awkward despite being 5 months into the growing period. I fully agree about each length bringing a new look with it. It is going to be an exciting hair journey I feel. Hope you are enjoying your current length.
    I am, thank you .

Length
    Jaw/SL/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Oh this thread was made for me, why am I only now finding it? I'm going to go get caught up, if the server lets me.

Length
    Chin/TBL+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I did this in high school. Using claw clips to pin up the longest bits helped tame the mullet look, and letting all the curls and wispies loose to soften the look helped too. Once it was past my shoulders, it looked like a normal layered haircut.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer