Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Growing out pixie with no trims? Scared of the "M"

Length
    pixie/chin/waist

Default Re: Growing out pixie with no trims? Scared of the "M"

I'm in the progress of growing out a pixie. After the December picture, I couldn't stand the mullet any more, and had a trim.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've been growing my pixie out for 9 months or so. The back is just now at shoulder and the sides are chin length, definitely a mullet but with my curls, you really can't see it too much. I wasn't going to trim until my sides hit shoulder but I think I need to have some kind of shaping done in the mean time.

Type
    2b/F/ii

I've grown out 4 pixies now since 2009, made monthly picture charts for each one too so I'll go ahead and post them below. None of it is back shots unfortunately, so its hard to see whats going on with the mullet. It's all preference, but I felt so ugly by not trimming the mullet off. So many jagged layers all over the place, I hated how it looked. There was no such thing as a good hair day like that for me. I didn't cut the mullet for the first pixie, but I sure learned my lesson and kept it trimmed up obsessively on the 3 following that.

The longer you can stand to not cut it, the better I suppose. But saving 3" longer of hair only at the back of your head doesn't look or feel much like actual "length". And having these weird little wispy holes where the pixie was cut around your ear looks pretty strange too.

I swore off pixies after the 4th one in January 2015, trimmed the mullet every few months until the sides caught up, and now I'm in the process of trimming out the rest of the layers. Even though most of my hair is at collarbone, i have this single top layer left that only reaches my chin. I don't want to lose ponytail status though, so I'm just doing more trims until it catches up.

After 7 years of growing out pixies, layers are the devil to me lol.
    Last edited by Ashflower89; July 1st, 2016 at 08:49 PM.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Bumping an older thread! Anyone else grow out a pixie without trimming the mullet? Pictures appreciated

Length
    EAR/TBL/TERM

I started out with about 2 inches of hair and if i had done no trims would be about apl by now but HAD to trim like 4 inches because i looked like billy ray cyrus
    But if youre into that its fine

Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

When I was growing my hair out from very short I kept it in a half up as soon as I could. I put the hair at the top of my head into a small high pony and let the mullet part be free. I ended up trimming it after a while though, I just couldn't exist knowing how it looked.

The mullet looked pretty funny though, my hair was basically a short bowl cut first. Basically like this but the hair on the top touched my ears: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/20...7848f5289e.jpg And the mullet I got looked like I had very badly blended extension or exactly two layers cut to my hair. It was just terrible

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by olivetime View Post
    Bumping an older thread! Anyone else grow out a pixie without trimming the mullet? Pictures appreciated
    I grew out a shortish mullet in hig school. Curls meant the whole thing looked like a pixie cut. Hardest part was dealing with the short bits from the top once I was able to pull the back into a pony.

Pro tip, learn how to braid the top section and stick it in a pair of French/Dutch braids. Send them down the side of your head for pigtails, or pull them straight back into a pony for a half up option. It looks cute either way, and it protects those ends nice and early.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I once grew out a pixie cut without trims. I didn't think it ever became a mullet, but it didn't look good for a long time. I just didn't get it cut and eventually it evened out. I probably wouldn't do it again.

Length
    Neck/Waist/Knee

Seems like after another 18 months or so, the mullet wouldn't be visible any more? Maybe even less time, depending on your hair and its volume.

In other words, I'd suggest not trimming.

Length
    pixi/SL/tail
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm still at mullet stage..after reading all comments.. I am going to document how long it takes and report mack when I can put my hair back in a pony tail. I have been measuring my hair every 2 weeks.