Thread: Does anyone have experience with Pravana or Directions hair dye (preferably both)?

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Does anyone have experience with Pravana or Directions hair dye (preferably both)?

I want to try either Directions in Dark Tulip or Pravana in Vivid Red.
    Does one bleed less than the other? I want one that will stop bleeding within a week hopefully because I'm attempting to get a job as a lifeguard and I would have to swim on a semi-weekly basis or so. I don't want to dye the pool red! Is one more permanent? I'm aware that they are totally different shades but they're both gorgeous colors I'd love on my hair.

This is my hair now after three hennas. It's a solid medium brown I'd say, does anyone who started with something close to my color have any before and after pictures? Thanks!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with Pravana or Directions hair dye (preferably both)

Your hair colour is gorgeous already!

I use Directions colour a lot. Just had vermilion red and currently have plum. I wouldn't really recommend them for hair that isn't pre-lightened. I tried it on my dark brown hair and it did nothing. As for the Pravana I have no experience of it, sorry!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with Pravana or Directions hair dye (preferably both)

This thread hopefully will help you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=27600.

I dyed over my hennaed hair today using a combination of directions tulip and rubine. Definitely shows up on my hennaed hair which was quite a dark auburn. It's not really vivid though - it's a dark burgundy.

So far I'm predicting it will bleed quite a bit. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to rinse all the dye out and still had pink run off. Warning you now that this stuff stains everything. I had to spend a good 10 minutes scrubbing my shower clean. It also stained my scalp hot pink.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    This thread hopefully will help you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=27600.
    Thanks so much!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post
    Thanks so much!
    You are very welcome.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heatherzilla View Post
    I dyed over my hennaed hair today using a combination of directions tulip and rubine. Definitely shows up on my hennaed hair which was quite a dark auburn. It's not really vivid though - it's a dark burgundy.

So far I'm predicting it will bleed quite a bit. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to rinse all the dye out and still had pink run off. Warning you now that this stuff stains everything. I had to spend a good 10 minutes scrubbing my shower clean. It also stained my scalp hot pink.
    Do you have any pictures of the color? Thanks!

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I tried doing streaks of Rose Red on my coarser nape hairs this past winter and it didn't do anything - sort of a gloss that washed out really fast and was a PITA to do.

I've heard people say that there are better temp dyes, but this was what I remembered from the good old days of many different hair colors, so I figured I would try it.

Your hair is really pretty and the color is gorgeous!
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii