Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Gray Hair..at 23?!

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: First Gray Hair..at 23?!

Don't feel bad, I started going WHITE in middle school.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I had my first around that age. I am 40 now and only have a few. No telling what will happen!

Length
    APL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I am 25. I have a little bundle of gray hairs, about 20 in one spot on the side of my head. I call it my skunk streak. Same as my mother had when she was my age. My dad was fully gray by 40, my mom the same. I am embracing my dark brown as much as possible now since I will one day lose it.
    Chin * Shoulder * APL * BSL * Waist

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RobieFlakes View Post
    Lately Ive been catching glimpses of what I thought was random guck in my hair..until today. To my amazement it is an iridescent gray/white/silver color-blocked single hair. How did it go unnoticed so long I wonder..its at least two years old according to where the brown at the bottom begins.

Just when I was growing out my natural color from henndigo.

Why cruel genetics why? If it goes anything like my mom I will be totally gray by 30.

Anybody else find this horrifying?
    No. I don't find this horrifying at all.

I started going grey at 16 and now at age 39 I'm a PROUD silver-haired lady. I am thankful for my genetic blessings. I love my silver hair

I'm sorry that silver strand caused you such angst

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    17"/32"/42"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I got white hairs scattered all over the place, and I'll be 25 next month. It's all right; most people won't even notice until you point it out, and even then they'll be like, "Really? Where? ...Oh, I can barely see them." lol

I wouldn't be sad if I went all gray prematurely. I'd let it happen.
    { Conditioner Only }
    Suave Professionals Rosemary & Mint—Mineral Oil & Olive Oil—BBB—Hair Sense five-tooth comb & BBB

Type
    3a/M/ii

I'm 25 and I have some scattered around as well. I don't think it's a bad thing. I work in a salon, and most people in their 20's I have seen have grey hairs. It's quite normal.

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I got my first one just before my eighteenth birthday It's still there but it's just the one.
    "I will never be Milo either; nevertheless, I don't neglect my body. (...) In short, we do not abandon any discipline for despair of ever being the best in it" - Epictetus

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I've got several friends in their early 20s with a lot of gray hair (I'm taking their word for it, they all dye it)
    When I was 17 I had a friend of the same age who was about 50% gray.

I'm 20 and I have quite a few grey hairs. I was really bloody excited when I found them because they're a really pretty silvery grey colour that I kinda love.

Don't let your grey hairs get you down. If there are only a few no one but you is ever going to notice them. My family/partner had to look really hard to se my couple of grey hairs and that was when I was actively pointing them out.

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I am 22 and I have found about 4-5 white hairs...and I immediately pulled them out lol. My boyfriend is 23 and I've found about the same on him, but he preferred to keep his My brother is 19 and my sister found a few on the back of his head. So, relax... it's normal!!