Page 210 of 214 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2132

Thread: Elymwold on Etsy

Length
    27/27/44
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Elymwold on Etsy

Thank you for sharing. I would like to purchase a couple one day. They're some of the most beautiful and high-quality sticks I've seen.

My order came today!!! I'm so excited!! I've been active on LHC for, what, two years now? And I've always heard whispers of the elusive Elymwold Gothic fork...so when Nigel made a comeback this May, I began obsessively stalking the shop, and after two months, lo and behold! Here are the fruits of my labor!

From left to right:
    6" Gothic Fork, New Guinea rosewood with Australian rosewood/chrysochola inlay
    160 mm Hair Stick, Rosewood and acrylic resin
    5 3/4" Wavetop Fork, Tasmanian blackwood and dyed huon pine burl

Haven't gotten decent action pics for all of them yet, but here's one of the Gothic (high-res version available in my profile album):

The gothic fork is REALLY wide, like 3 inches wide, and truth be told...I had a little trouble getting it to stick in my hair. So far the only bun that's worked is a loose braided cinnabun. I've tried the Pha bun and Figure-Eight, but my hair keeps sliding off the top in the Pha bun and the fork is too wide to fit in my normal cinnabun. Does anyone with some experience with the Gothic have any advice for good buns to try?

Despite its gargantuan size, the gothic fork is actually really really light! (It's lighter than my plastic Threnody fork from GTS)

I had no idea that there would be another small star-shaped inlay on the back of the fork. The detail on Nigel's work is really incredible. However there's still some color difference in real life, compared to the product photos, especially on the rosewood which is quite chatoyant. The gothic fork is a bit more muted in real life than in the photos, but somehow the green resin topper on the stick is much more vibrant.

The wavetop fork works a treat, and I love how eye-catching the rainbow topper is. It's also much lighter than I expected given the sturdy thickness. These forks are statements pieces for sure.

The rosewood stick also works really well, the thinner point seems to be able to catch more scalp hairs than, say, a blunter TT stick. Now that my order has safely arrived after three weeks of shipping, I may be back to hunting for more lovely sticks from the shop...
    Last edited by Lonian; July 29th, 2021 at 05:04 AM. Reason: missed a word

Your collection is beautiful, Lonian! And I appreciate the thorough reviews on each differences
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Heads up everyone, there's currently a gothic fork on the Etsy! And there's a plain wood wavetop fork too! Most of his listings will be gone in hours, so I don't know how long they'll be available; don't walk, run
    Last edited by Lonian; September 28th, 2022 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Grammar

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lonian View Post
    Heads up everyone, there's currently a gothic fork on the Etsy! And there's a plain wood wavetop fork too! Most of his listings will be gone in hours, so I don't know how long they'll be available; don't walk, run
    Yes very beautiful. But I see that he only sends to selected countries, no idea how to find out which one these are?
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    Yes very beautiful. But I see that he only sends to selected countries, no idea how to find out which one these are?
    If you look at the "Shipping and return policies" section of the listing, it shows that he ships to Australia, Canada, and the US. However, I know he used to ship internationally, since I'm based in Asia and have bought from him before. If you're unsure, you can shoot him a message--Nigel replies pretty quickly, and he's extremely helpful!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

It's always shown as possible to buy from the UK before … let me see … oh, not any more. I couldn't anyway, because postage + VAT always ended up pretty much doubling the cost of the item
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    1b/F/i

How is it even possible that this fork has been posted for more than 10 minutes without someone snapping it up? If I had bigger hair I would grab this baby in a New York minute!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1323230...d?ref=usf_2020
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Length
    CBL/BSL/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    How is it even possible that this fork has been posted for more than 10 minutes without someone snapping it up? If I had bigger hair I would grab this baby in a New York minute!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1323230...d?ref=usf_2020
    Oh man, that's gorgeous.
    I may never have the hair for them again, but my slforks from him are some I regret selling the most

Length
    Chin/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Gack!!!! I clicked on the link.... and it was still available! Yep. It's gonna be MINE!!! Happy Anniversary to ME! (My wedding anniversary is the 29th)
    Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines of Willoughby Croft in the order of the Long Haired Knights.