Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your hair long for religious/spiritual reasons?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Is your hair long for religious/spiritual reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary <>< View Post
    My faith embraces long hair as a glory!
    Well said! I feel the same way, although I grow my hair long because I like the look of my hair long; not so much for religous reasons...My hair being my crowing glory is an added bonus!

Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Yes, for religous reasons, and ditto what everyone else has said. I am also apostolic/pentecostal, but currently attending an Assembly of God church (long story).
    Haven't trimmed my hair since spring of '05, currently at BSL (grows slowly due to PCOS, but that is getting under control with diet, no meds, in addition to learning better care for my hair, let see what happens now!). My dd is 6 and right now her hair is at tailbone...barring any emergancy it will grow UNCUT until she moves out of my house, at that point she will be free to make her own decision, unitl then I am spiritually responsible for her.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

The simple answer for me is no, it's more of an aesthetic preference with a bit of rebellion thrown in there. For some reason, though, a lot of acquaintances tend to think of me as being more religious than I am, and part of it seems to be the association between faith and long hair. I was raised Jewish (although my family's practice of it was always pretty liberal/assimilated) and as an adult I'm not religious in the formal sense. Maybe spiritual? That's been sort of an exploration lately.

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    Well said! I feel the same way, although I grow my hair long because I like the look of my hair long; not so much for religous reasons...My hair being my crowing glory is an added bonus!
    This totally applies to me as well!
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I really don't know how to answer this correctly.If there is a way.I'm not religious,so I know that's not the reason why I'm growing my hair.It's not spiritual either.I'm growing my hair for my reasons. There isn't a specific reason why,it's just something that I have put my mind to and I am determined to make it happen. I have control issues and this is something I have control over.I am the one who says it needs to be washed,I'm the one who says if it can be cut or not,etc etc.I'm losing control over many things in my life right now and having control over my hair keeps me somewhat grounded.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaSola3o4 View Post
    This is a fascinating thread.
    Also for myself, I find that the desire to have long hair is very deeply rooted in me, and sort of makes me feel connected to history in a way. I feel on some level, a connection to women of the past who have had long hair. I don't know if that makes sense or not... but I love history and tradition, and I want to be a part of it and growing my hair makes me feel like I am part of it.

That's the first time I've actually communicated those feelings... it feels good to talk about it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
    I started growing my hair as acceptance of myself and my hair texture...for the freedom to just be! I feel that my long hair is a visual representation of my freedom from the confines of societal norms and in natural beauty. That is spiritual!
    These two quotes are most of why I'm growing my hair out. The rest of it is that I like taking care of it, for so many reasons.
    Growing my hair back out after some much-needed experimentation and with a color I love!

Length
    28/30/31ish
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Nope, I'm not religious. Interesting thread though!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Really interesting thread

No Im not religious. Im growing my hair because I think long hair is beautiful and also very much a practice in paitience, something Im trying to get better at

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

No. I am growing mine to love and respect myself as I want to be, rather than what other people think I should be. It is about being honest with myself, and loving and respecting myself.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwaves View Post
    Nope, I'm not religious. Interesting thread though!
    Yep, me too.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights