Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any *Chemical* Color Treateds Here?

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Default Any *Chemical* Color Treateds Here?

As large as this group is, I don't think I can be the only one who is a chemical color user.

If there are enough of willing to come out of the color closest, I was thinking of asking for a social group for us to talk about hair care for the color treated person who is growing hair out.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    18"/25"/TB
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Hi! I just stopped coloring my hair in October '07 when I joined LHC! So I only have 3" of virgin hair. My natural color is a dark golden blonde! My colored hair gets very dry at the ends! I co every other day and do SMT x1 wkly! I am trying to go longer without washing but the colored part of my hair gets too dry! Your hair is beautiful! I love the curls!
    Growing to BSL - currently at APL

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I highlight on a regular basis and do not intend to stop anytime soon, but eventually I will start the phasing out process once my gray/silver decides to come in thicker.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I color my hair every six weeks at home with Natural Instincts. *****hangs head****
    Not ready to go grey yet.
    yet my hair is in better condition now than it was 10 years ago. Apparently cones are far more damaging to my hair than coloring.
    ​something awful happened to my hair in 2012; never figured out what!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm an inveterate highlighter! I switched to henna but the colour didn't suit me (although it was beautiful), so I removed/bleached out the henna and added highlights. The colour is almost back to what I normally have, thank goodness.

My hair is knackered, but I do a lot of overnight oilings and avoid blowdrying too often. Plus a lot of SMT's followed by light oilings on damp hair - so it's surviving, but I still have to trim more often than I'd like.

Account Closed by Member Request

My hair is dyed dark brown, and I tried to dye it red - epic fail :P

L'oreal Preference is a very tough dye :P

I am growing out my henna and trying to make my roots match with chemical, non permanent color.. I am not sure will it succes anyway..

Length
    TB/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I have highlghted a bit once, and plan on doing it again. Not ready to give up my blonde!
    I always find it more difficult to say the things I mean than the things I don't.
    ― W. Somerset Maugham, The Painted Veil

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I also color my hair to cover the grey about every 6 weeks or so.

Length
    APL/waist/class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I highlight my hair at a salon every 10 weeks or so. I have been doing this long enough that none of my hair is "virgin".

I have very fine hair, so I could never keep my hair looking healthy for more than a few inches below shoulder length -- until I made radical changes in how I care for my hair about 1-1/2 years ago. I moved from:

Shampooing every day (shampoo with SLS, conditioner with cones), using cone-laden styling products and blow drying every day
    to
    Shampooing fewer times per week
    to
    Using CV poo bars 1-2X per week, with no-cone, all natural organic conditioner plus citric acid rinse

These changes have enabled me to grow my hair longer (BSL now), while still highlighting AND keeping it very healthy. In fact, my colorist recently told me that my hair was getting longer than she thought possible (I've been seeing her for years), and she couldn't find any split ends, even though I haven't had it cut for over 6 months!