Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wear glasses?

Length
    pixie/23/39
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Do you wear glasses?

I normally wear contacts, but wear glasses if I don't feel like wearing my contacts, or am sick. I prefer contacts, but both are good!
    Lady Elenya of Galadhrim in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    *Pixie*Chin*APL*BSL*Waist (definite goal)*Hip—>Classic??*
    2b/c * F * ¼" Maintenance Trim every 6 months (December 2022)

Length
    12"/23"/36.5"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Yup, I've worn glasses throughout my adolescence. I wear them for seeing things far away, so I don't wear them when I read or when I am on the computer (though I really ought to. I have heard that computer screens can deteriorate one's vision.) I don't wear my glasses when I am just riding in the car (not driving) or doing something else that I can just relax my eyes for. I actually think it helps a bit with my eyesight.

I like my glasses well enough. I have a pair of fairly thick half rim metal glasses. I've never work contacts, but I think I should invest in a pair, and maybe a couple other pairs of specs. I like the option of variety
    C'mon, GROW!

ChinShoulderAPLBSL✻Waist✻Hip✻Tailbone

Length
    17/19/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I wore glasses from age 6 to 14, contacts from 14 to 25, and then I got LASIK and haven't looked back. I love being able to see the clock at night from across the room! Every once and a while I miss the statement glasses can make though.

Length
    14/18/33
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I wear both contacts and glasses. I usually wear my contacts during the summer and my glasses in winter -- the dry air and heat makes contacts too uncomfortable in winter. I'm current rocking my new frames: adorable little Kate Spade cat eye frames! Very "Mad Men" inspired and I love them!

I have to have my glasses or contacts otherwise I get dizzy just walking around the house.
    I wear them about equally though.

Length
    22/281/2/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have glasses! I've had them since I was 7, needed them since I was 6. At first I only needed them for watching movies and faraway stuff, but my eyes got worse and I've needed them full time for a long time now. I was actually kind of glad when the eye doctor told me to wear them full time, then I didn't have to worry about forgetting them any more.
    My current frames are sort of rectangular/oval, you can see pictures of me in them in my albums.
    I'd like to try contacts some day, but it's not in my budget right now, plus, I'm fine with the way I look in glasses. I wouldn't feel complete without them. Even just taking them off to clean feels weird because I push up on the bridge of my nose and there's nothing to push up. Drives me bonkers at night when I don't wear 'em.
    I can see about 5 inches clearly without glasses, then it gets fuzzy. So I really can't leave them off. I'd be constantly bumping into things and hurting myself. Not to mention trying to read with the book 5 inches away from my face.
    Psalm 62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.

[22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35]

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I used to, but my vision has drastically improved. Good thing, too...people used to really make fun of me when I used to wear glasses.

I like wearing sunglasses, though. Especially on my head. It used to be a thing I would wear like every day.

~maborosi~

Length
    CL/APL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I wear glasses at night, contacts during the day. I am completely blind without them.
    🧡 CL ~ CBL ~ SH ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL 🧡

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I am near sighted and only need glasses for driving. It's difficult for me to read signs that are far away, etc. My prescription is pretty low, I still pass driving standard without them but I like the crisp look they give to far away objects - especially at night.
    Although I only wear them briefly while driving, I have several pairs of glasses. I have frameless ones that are drill mounted that I like the best, they are so lightweight. I LOVE my prescription sun glasses, those I can't live without.
    My daughter wears glasses and contacts, but mainly her glasses. She has several pairs. Her prescription is much higher than mine and she has a pretty severe astigmatism in her right eye. Her vision changes frequently - it's a good thing my husband is a eye doctor !

Hi, My name is: Alexis AnimaSola3o4's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

The only time I take off my glasses is for sleeping. And for that, I put them in a pouch thing I have attached to the wall so I know EXACTLY where they are when I wake up. I've done the frantic 'blind person touch and feel search while having to pee like a racehorse' far too many times. This was the best solution for me. I have had glasses since I was 2, and had eye surgery at 3 for strabismus. I now have chronic double vision and convergence insufficiency and counting fingers range eyesight. That means that it's off the charts, I guess if they had to put a number to it it would be like 20/2700 or so. I own contacts, but rarely wear them just out of comfort. I am incredibly lucky that my vision can be corrected well enough to drive. But it might not always be the case, and I may end up having to give up the privilege someday.

Speaking of vision, I need to have mine checked again, I've noticed my left eye has gotten worse again. Which stinks, because my glasses are insanely expensive. Not the frames, but the lenses because they have to be the absolute thinnest possible ones to fit in my thick frames. Which is the only type of frames I can wear. Really just because they need to be thick to support the thick lenses lol. And they help hide the thickness from the sides. Notice I say they help hide it, not hide it. Even in the thick frames, the lenses stick out.

Other than the cost involved in my glasses, the only other issue I really have is the double vision. It makes writing impossible unless I close one eye, which may be what has led my left eye to get weaker, since I seem to close that one. I have to type instead of physically write. Forms and worksheets are okay but that's about it.

There ya go, my vision in a nutshell. And yes, I realize I way over-answered the question. It kinda happens when there's that much to the story!

ETA: And when I said sleeping is the only time I take them off, I meant literally. I wear them in the shower. It helps clean them to be honest, then I dry them with a soft lint free towel. And I clean them daily with disposable wipes I buy at walmart. I do have excellent near vision, and put my glasses on my head when doing something super detailed and up close. I actually see better than most people for those things. Go figure.
    Last edited by AnimaSola3o4; February 24th, 2012 at 01:47 AM.

Keep your head up, makes your hair look longer! Only micro-trimming from here on out!!! YAY!!