Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I finally found something that WORKS! (Yes!!!)

Length
    pixie/50?/70?
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Default Re: I finally found something that WORKS! (Yes!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saryn Jumail View Post
    There's still this one part on my hair at the front that looks straggly... but I think I could fix it by putting it up with a bobby pin until it dries or something, it's not that serious. ... but it's this one random piece of hair in the front that's not as curly as the rest, and it's weird.
    Looks like that set of hair follicles didn't get in line to get the same instructions and the rest of them. Myself, I have too many on my left side, as compared to my right side, like my scalp was in line last and they ran out of follicles (silly) so I do a funky start to every braid ...

Anyhoo, you could do something different with that hank of hair sometimes, like ... I have a minimal wave, so I don't know how curls repond ... but either your bobby pin idea or ... could you put that chunk in a teensy rag curl thingie to encourage it to be like the rest of your hair? (avoiding the bobbie pin crimp?) (also the bobbie pin catching on things?)

Or ... use that bit as a bittie accent braid? Turn a small problem into a signature bit-o-style?

Beautiful curls! Just beautiful! ... The pic of my hair shows waves, but that's only in the first half- hour after drying, then it's all gone. (all jealous!) LOL
    May 2008: Natural waves, prior to drying, when it straightens out.
    Lady Nant Botanica of the Stubborn Jaw from the Land of Nees

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Your curls are perfectly beautiful, and I'm glad you found something that works for you. But 4 days and 42 posts?!
    Yeah, lol, I'm on here a lot
    Thanks!

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Looks like that set of hair follicles didn't get in line to get the same instructions and the rest of them. Myself, I have too many on my left side, as compared to my right side, like my scalp was in line last and they ran out of follicles (silly) so I do a funky start to every braid ...

Anyhoo, you could do something different with that hank of hair sometimes, like ... I have a minimal wave, so I don't know how curls repond ... but either your bobby pin idea or ... could you put that chunk in a teensy rag curl thingie to encourage it to be like the rest of your hair? (avoiding the bobbie pin crimp?) (also the bobbie pin catching on things?)

Or ... use that bit as a bittie accent braid? Turn a small problem into a signature bit-o-style?

Beautiful curls! Just beautiful! ... The pic of my hair shows waves, but that's only in the first half- hour after drying, then it's all gone. (all jealous!) LOL
    I would but...what's a rag curl? lol, I'm clueless.

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

A rag curl is when you take a strip of cloth and use it as a curler. Basically you lay the cloth on top of the "piece" that you want to curl, fold each end of the cloth over once, and roll it up to the roots, tying the ends of the cloth together to secure the curl. Clear as mud, right?

Oh, and, Saryn, I'm 13 and the youngest active member. There's at least one other 13-year-old (DotDotDot), but she doesn't post too often (and she's a couple of months older than I).
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

A rag curl is when you take a strip of cloth and use it as a curler. Basically you lay the cloth on top of the "piece" that you want to curl, fold each end of the cloth over once, and roll it up to the roots, tying the ends of the cloth together to secure the curl. Clear as mud, right?

Oh, and, Saryn, I'm 13 and the youngest active member. There's at least one other 13-year-old (DotDotDot), but she doesn't post too often (and she's a couple of months older than I).
    Nice!
    I kinda was wondering if I was the youngest...but I didn't care enough to search.

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Nope, you aren't the youngest, but you are on the young end. Glad you found something for those curls!
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I'm so glad you found something that's working so well for you! You're hair is really amazing. I wish I knew how to truly be curly when I was your age, but I had noone to show me (my mother is a frizzy/curly). My sister and I used to chemically try to straighten our hair ourselves. It would work for a day, then back to the uncontrollable curls. It's so nice that you enjoy and appreciate your ringlets!

Type
    1b/M/ii

Your curls are so pretty!! I <3 curly hair.

A scarf might be the best option to avoid the wind.

Length
    27ish/CICTH/clssc
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Your curls look gorgeous! I think I've been working on chain mail too long though, since that last pic (in the first post) made me think of a jumble of loose links. Which is a good thing, btw .
    99% Dye free!
    Official hair-idiot of Measuringtown...
    avatar is Belle of Bonaventure, by Jasmine Becket-Griffith.

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Your curls are gorgeous. Glad you've found something to work for you. I'm still looking for a good routine that works for me in terms of styling.

Kerry xx