Thread: Short hair, very thick and wavy, advice please!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    10 in/10 in/25 in

Default Short hair, very thick and wavy, advice please!

I had posted here a few years back while trying to grow my hair long. I would say I was BSL. After many frustrating hair cuts, hairstyles, lengths, products, and hair appliances I'm back for advice. I tried not using the usual store products for a long time, but never did like the way my hair looked. So here I am with a chin length bob with some layering. I battle my wave just to style it. I try going with my natural wave, but it just ends up looking tweaked out, unkempt and like I just rolled out of bed. My bangs and hair around my face is so thick and heavy that it's just fallen in my face when I've tried to grow it longer (so lots of face framing by HDs). I would like to get to a shoulder length bob with long layers. My hair definitely needs some layering. I've tried one length and it just didn't work for my hair. Also I'm middle aged and I swear my hair just keeps getting coarser and crazier every year.
    Questions:
    Does anyone here feel like they need their hair appliances and why?

Has anyone with super heavy wavy bangs grow them out and have success keeping them out of your face? Did you always need to pin them back?

Does anyone with coarse, wavy hair have any pearls of wisdom for me (especially if it frustrates you to no end)?

Forgot to add, my last haircut included a HUGE amount of texturizing. I noticed that no amount of product or styling could rid me of the scraggly ends created by this. I just trimmed my ends myself about 1/4" and now my hair looks drastically smoother and shinier. I'm glad I had those good quality shears! But from now on absolutely no texturizing, razoring, or any such nonsense. My ends looked like she used a weed whacker.
    Last edited by Checkers; February 16th, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Forgot something