Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A "poster"

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default A "poster"

Is there anywhere, I can find a "poster" or something with every bun imaginable - preferebly with how to's?

The thing is, that sometimes I see a bun with a tutorial - and can't remember the name - so I can't find the tutorial again.
    Dixi! - Rikke
    Growing and graying ... just growing and graying

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: A "poster"

I'm skeptical that something like this is out there - but if anybody on the forum has the time and resources to create something like this, I'd buy it!!!
    Lady Eruaistaniel, Wanderer of Ricketts Glen, in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    ~ Mark Twain

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I've never heard of one but it would be neat.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Make a bun diary. I don't think they could fit them all on a poster...Maybe stamp sized pictures on a super king sized blanket...

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I suspect it would end up being a very large poster.......

In the meantime, try the Hairstyle Dictionary.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No, but you could go through the "articles" / "hair styling" section here on LHC and look up a lot of buns and howtos that way. If it's still not clear from the article alone, try doing a search on Youtube for that particular bun.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    Make a bun diary. I don't think they could fit them all on a poster...Maybe stamp sized pictures on a super king sized blanket...
    I agree, but honestly, I think a lot of buns that have been listed on here are kind of redundant. I'm not as in-tune to the intricacies of buns as some seem to be, as evidenced by the fact that I almost exclusively use cinna- and pencil buns I would love a collection of main styles/updoes, not necessarily all of the variations of each.

I've gone as far as to make a list on a stickynote for my mirror of stuff like: twist, fishtail, cinnabun, gibson tuck, cascade, lace, sock, french twist, etc. to give me ideas in the morning when I'm stumped, but I'd love to be able to stare at a few pictures and say "Hhmm, which of these do I feel like doing with my hair today..."
    Lady Eruaistaniel, Wanderer of Ricketts Glen, in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    ~ Mark Twain

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by littleizz View Post
    I agree, but honestly, I think a lot of buns that have been listed on here are kind of redundant. I'm not as in-tune to the intricacies of buns as some seem to be, as evidenced by the fact that I almost exclusively use cinna- and pencil buns I would love a collection of main styles/updoes, not necessarily all of the variations of each.

I've gone as far as to make a list on a stickynote for my mirror of stuff like: twist, fishtail, cinnabun, gibson tuck, cascade, lace, sock, french twist, etc. to give me ideas in the morning when I'm stumped, but I'd love to be able to stare at a few pictures and say "Hhmm, which of these do I feel like doing with my hair today..."
    Picture book I think. With pop ups.

Last edited by Moonlake; February 27th, 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

Type
    1c/M/ii

Okay then.

But then help me - I've seen (and tried) this doe, where you gather the hair, put the fork on the top and then twist the tail. When the open end is up, the rest of the hair goes around. Then the fork goes from the top and down.

Does any of you know what I'm talking about?
    Dixi! - Rikke
    Growing and graying ... just growing and graying