Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can i dye my hair again?

  1. #1
    Member Hollyfire3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Can i dye my hair again?

    If this belongs in another sections, mods i am sorry.
    So, yesterday i went to get my hair dyed at the salon. My natural color is medium brown and i have it dyed dark (very dark but not black) brown with warm tones. I had to have a different lady use the saem formula that i usually do because the lady who normally does my hair was booked. She ended up not doing it dark enough, i do not know if she mixed it wrong or didn't let it sit or somehting, but it is a shade too light and i don't like it. A shade may not sound like a big deal but since i only dye my hair every few months, i want it dark so it lasts longer, it really does make a difference. And to top it all off, i asked for a "recovery treatment" aka, strong DT and she used a different one then ususal and it made my hair crunchy and straightish...i want to wash it with my moisturizing shampoo but i have to wait because of the color...oh well horrible hair for valentines day, i want to cry. Anyway, i want to go back and have them redye it so it is the color i wanted to begin with but i know it will be super damaging how long should i wait between coloring? I think my ends are breaking off, i found a few pieces so either i need moisture or am due for a 1/2 inch trim....sorry for the long post, i hate my hair, the color the feeling the lack of curl and shine the damage oh and to top it all off, someone i know said i should go blonde and i am considering it because i want to torture my hair, i just despise it! So, double process bleach blonde, lots of heat and damaging products, shampoo everyday and oh what the heck i might just perm it! oh i don't know...but if this doesn't get better soon (to those who have read my other winny threads and know just how much i LOVE this stupid mess i have) i might just be leaving this site and giving up on my hair, i can't take this! oh wait, was this supposed to be a thread about hair color, i'm very (seriously) sorry
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

  2. #2
    Gypsy with a Day Job Mommyof4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,048
    Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Moisturize, and darken it with a semipermanent, using a 10 volume developer.. your local beauty supply + $10, and you'll have the dark color you need.. don't bleach it.. if you want to go blonde, wait for a while and then do a light foil highlight, after a few months of babying it and a good trim.. otherwise, you'll regret it everytime the brush rips through the ends and breakage happens.. You'll feel better once you get to the color you want..

    I recommend, before you decide for sure to re-dye, google pictures of women with hair that is the color you have right now.. maybe you'll find some inspiration to stay that color?
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

  3. #3
    Member Hollyfire3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof4 View Post
    Moisturize, and darken it with a semipermanent, using a 10 volume developer.. your local beauty supply + $10, and you'll have the dark color you need.. don't bleach it.. if you want to go blonde, wait for a while and then do a light foil highlight, after a few months of babying it and a good trim.. otherwise, you'll regret it everytime the brush rips through the ends and breakage happens.. You'll feel better once you get to the color you want..

    I recommend, before you decide for sure to re-dye, google pictures of women with hair that is the color you have right now.. maybe you'll find some inspiration to stay that color?

    I have dyed my hair before and this was supposedly the same formula, but the lady messed it up. I only do it darker so it lasts longer, i honestly no longer really care what it looks like i only did it cause my brown roots were noticible (stupid god darn hair) I am going for Holly Marie Comb's color of hair (from Charmed) what color do you think i should use to get this color? Thank you for the advice, i might just do the semi permanet dye to deduce damage done, but again, not sure i really care, my hair is stupid anyway...i might just wash it tonight and have fun seeing how much dye goes down the drain! Wee! (rolls eyes, sorry no offense i just wish my hair was better)
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

  4. #4
    Gypsy with a Day Job Mommyof4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,048
    Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    I would use a semipermanent that states its base as: brown/gold or gold/brown or gold/violet.. maybe a level 6?
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

  5. #5
    Member Hollyfire3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof4 View Post
    I would use a semipermanent that states its base as: brown/gold or gold/brown or gold/violet.. maybe a level 6?
    I might do that, what color do you think Holly Marie Combs' hair is?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

  6. #6
    Gypsy with a Day Job Mommyof4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,048
    Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    I might do that, what color do you think Holly Marie Combs' hair is?

    Well.. She has a few different colors that I see her wearing.. The majorly dark is probably a level 4 brown, with a brown/red base.

    The one with highlights, looks like she's a 6-8 brown with brown/violet base.. probably her natural color with some highlights..

    The ones that look slightly dyed of her, look to be a warm, deep brown..

    But I recommended the bases of the colors for you hair just guessing on which bases would be safest for your hair to dye with.. Anything that says ash is likely to turn some pieces of your hair green or grayish.... Anything with red may give you unwanted reddish tones that don't look like you expect them to..

    the brown/gold is a natural-toned base for dark brown hair.. the violet base would help if you wanted to keep a deep brown color without sacrificing any warm tones.. but would keep it from turning orangish..

    If you get a chance, post some pictures of you hair
    Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    112
    Length
    buzz/buzz/18 in

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    I have no experience or knowledge about hair color or anything like that. But, you did tell me Hollyfire in another thread of mine that you like the hair color of the actress Holly Marie Combs. I googled her and I agree, she has nice long dark hair.

    I'm not sure what your real natural color is Hollyfire, but I do agree that HMC has a nice hair color that looks good on her. I think that you would look nice with a haircolor just like hers or a similar kind of color.

  8. #8
    Member Hollyfire3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Quote Originally Posted by hairyfan21 View Post
    I have no experience or knowledge about hair color or anything like that. But, you did tell me Hollyfire in another thread of mine that you like the hair color of the actress Holly Marie Combs. I googled her and I agree, she has nice long dark hair.

    I'm not sure what your real natural color is Hollyfire, but I do agree that HMC has a nice hair color that looks good on her. I think that you would look nice with a haircolor just like hers or a similar kind of color.

    Aww, thanks yeah i love HMC, her hair is amazing, i want mine to look just like that, maybe someday...my natural color is brown, a neutral maybe warmish in the sunlight brown, so basically i can go pretty dark adn have it look natural, not too fond of light hair on my though, I had a thread around here on Hmc's hair color http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...67#post1901967 here you go, most agree her hair is light brown naturally, i think so too, but darker is awsome on her. Again, thanks for the encouragment, i need it.
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

  9. #9
    Member Hollyfire3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof4 View Post
    Well.. She has a few different colors that I see her wearing.. The majorly dark is probably a level 4 brown, with a brown/red base.

    The one with highlights, looks like she's a 6-8 brown with brown/violet base.. probably her natural color with some highlights..

    The ones that look slightly dyed of her, look to be a warm, deep brown..

    But I recommended the bases of the colors for you hair just guessing on which bases would be safest for your hair to dye with.. Anything that says ash is likely to turn some pieces of your hair green or grayish.... Anything with red may give you unwanted reddish tones that don't look like you expect them to..

    the brown/gold is a natural-toned base for dark brown hair.. the violet base would help if you wanted to keep a deep brown color without sacrificing any warm tones.. but would keep it from turning orangish..

    If you get a chance, post some pictures of you hair

    Yes, if i ever find the cord, i will post pics..(runs to find camera!) Lol yeah, i know she has lighter hair and highlights often, i think the dyed dark looks better, much better!
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    112
    Length
    buzz/buzz/18 in

    Default Re: Can i dye my hair again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Aww, thanks yeah i love HMC, her hair is amazing, i want mine to look just like that, maybe someday...my natural color is brown, a neutral maybe warmish in the sunlight brown, so basically i can go pretty dark adn have it look natural, not too fond of light hair on my though, I had a thread around here on Hmc's hair color http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...67#post1901967 here you go, most agree her hair is light brown naturally, i think so too, but darker is awsome on her. Again, thanks for the encouragment, i need it.
    Sure your welcome. We all need a little encouragement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •