View Poll Results: If you could double your hair length instantly, would you?

Voters
599. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

534 89.15%
  • No

65 10.85%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: If you could double your hair length. . .

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: If you could double your hair length. . .

No. It would be too long and even if I could cut it back, I would still miss the journey. The longer I come, the more I appreciate the journey

Be nice or I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/30/50
    Type
    3b/M/i/ii

I definitely would! I'd be at 60 inches which is past my goal length. I guess I would trim the extra hair off.
    (CL) (SL) (BSL) (MBL) (WL) (HL) (TBL) (CLSL) (MTL)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Noooo thank you! Doubling ankle length hair would just be so impractical I would not enjoy it, if I ever were to hypothetically grow that long (never, though, even if my genes allowed it) I would have needed that time to get used to handling it, finding which styles worked, buying hair toys big enough. I could absolutely not wear it down At All - it might be fun to have it in a braid, actually, but it would still be seriously impractical and I think my arms would cease functioning before I plaited it all (thanks, feeble body). I do not think I would enjoy it even for one day.

I already want to cut back to calf length as it is!

I guess the only good thing about the hypothetical scenario would be I could cut back to have a full hemline, no damage from wear and tear, and I would be thrilled to donate that length to a decent charity
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    31ish/73/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Noooo thank you! Doubling ankle length hair would just be so impractical I would not enjoy it, if I ever were to hypothetically grow that long (never, though, even if my genes allowed it) I would have needed that time to get used to handling it, finding which styles worked, buying hair toys big enough. I could absolutely not wear it down At All - it might be fun to have it in a braid, actually, but it would still be seriously impractical and I think my arms would cease functioning before I plaited it all (thanks, feeble body). I do not think I would enjoy it even for one day.
    Absolutely agree! (Although floor length in my case). I would have no idea how to handle hair twice this long, and it would be ridiculously impractical to have it trailing several feet behind me suddenly

~There is no spoon~

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh, most definitely! That would make my hair longer than me so I would have to trim it to ankle length (never thought I'd be saying that!).

Yes! Double it then cut it bit by bit to see where it would look really good on me.

Length
    ?/53"/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Yes!

I want to try dragging on the floor hair XD *squee* and then I'll turn on the fan and revel in the sheer luxury of it! Like those hair commercials!

…and then real life settles in and I’d have to wash it just to detangle and it would take even longer to dry and my scalp wouldn't be used to it so I bet it would hurt for a while. Maybe it's better to wait for things to happen naturally (unless the hair fairy that grants the wish fixes this, too? Then I'm all for it!) I hope my hair will get that long someday…

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

If that means doubling my terminal length and having a thick braid instead of insane taper, then yes, absolutely!
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    CBL/HL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat! And then I'd chop it to my dream length. Not sure if that's considered cheating hahah!

If I had to keep the doubled length though, no, I wouldn't do it. I don't want hair that's long enough to sit on, especially when my hair is loose a lot of the time.
    📎 Heat-free straightening tutorial

CBL → APL → MBL → WL → HL → TBL

Length
    Bald/Buzz/Hip

Yes and no
    No right now cause that would only put me bottom of ear

If my hair was past chin/midneck length it would be a yes, I'd be past the last milestone I got to before I shaved it off twice ( cbl ish)