Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with TB length hair wear it down most of the time?

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Question Anyone with TB length hair wear it down most of the time?

TB is my goal length (for now, at least), but i prefer to wear my hair down. however, i've never had hair past waist-- is it going to be difficult to wear down at TB length?

i know i'm going to have to make sure not to get it caught on straps and such-- but did those of with hair thats been than length find that constantly looking after your hair's "safety" kept you from enjoying it down?
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

The magical Forest In David Bowie's Tights
    Length
    TBL/BSL/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Anyone with TB length hair wear it down most of the time?

My hair is a couple of inches past waist and my goal is classic. I can say that at waist length I spend more time thinking about what could damage my hair when it's down, then when it is up and safe. That said, I do wear it down about 50% of the time. I want to enjoy it, and I'll probably feel the same when it's at classic.

Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Curly Girl Method!! Longest Length: Bum Length Current: BSL Goal: Shorter

Type
    1a/F/ii

Hello from the land between waist and tailbone. I find that wearing my hair down during the day is close to impossible. It has a life of it's own and is constantly stuck, snapping and grabbing hold of random items. So up during the day and down in the evening. While reading or watching tv the manes are at ease.
    Life is so difficult, how can we be anything but kind.

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I generally wear it down.. in the car, I keep it over my shoulder or to the side of my back [so I'm not leaning directly on it]. Outside, if I'm wearing a light jacket, I also wear it down [unless it's windy]. If I'm wearing my big winter jacket, static is horrible and I keep it up until I take it off. I at least keep it in a ponytail, unless I'm doing a lot of bending or stuff where it'll get in the way..

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Length
    30.5/?/term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

When I was at tailbone (before LHC), I wore it in a ponytail all the time, but that's because I can't wear Voldemort all the way down if he's able to be ponytailed. In my area, I sometimes see people with TBL hair, and it's usually down. But it depends on how much you worry about damage to your hair, I guess.
    Now: widest part of my calf

Favorite hairstyles: Elling Woman bun Amish braids

Type
    2b/M/iii

Man, you'll have tangles like no tomorrow. Which means you'll need to detangle at least twice a day.

Also, it is constantly getting in the way, getting caught in things, or a possible danger (getting too near burners, for example).

Once in a while might be all right, but not on a daily basis.

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm at TBL and I wear mine down quite a bit. When I'm just reading or relaxing at home it's down and when I'm shopping, if I haven't spent the morning playing with it and putting into some weirdly elaborate hairstyle, I will usually wear it down or in a half-up as well. However, if I'm doing things - cleaning house, cooking dinner, going to the gym - it goes up. Actual activity requires that it be up and out of the way because it will get into everything! If it is raining or windy outside, I also put it up. There's nothing like a blustery day to bring you to tears come detangling time. I keep my Tangle Teezer in my purse when I leave the house, because, like Madora says, you have to keep detangling during the day or by day's end it's really a pain in the tush.

So, in short, yes you can can wear it down as often as you like, but you'll realize that you're putting it up quite a bit to get it out of the way.

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I am almost TBL, very very near, and I mostly wear it down.
    There are tangles, always been...but I had more tangles when my hair was shorter and I wasn't taking good care of it, than I have now with this length.
    I wouldn't call it difficult, because I'm used to it and length came gradually and not over night...I really enjoy wearing it loose..
    LadyArasinya, Protector of the Forest Heart Stag in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

My hair is hovering just above tailbone and I've been wearing it down most of the time. Unless, I'm running around or dancing, it doesn't tangle much on its own. I just have to be careful about keeping it out of my backpack straps.

So far, it's been fine.

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Mine is past TB (not classic yet) and I barely ever wear mine down. this is mostly because I have a professional job and I feel wearing my hair down is too casual. I might do a half up occasionally though. When I'm at home I try to wear it down as much as I can, but it is often in a loose braid or something.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights