Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Am I waist? FIRST HAIR PICS!!

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Am I waist? FIRST HAIR PICS!!

It looks like waist to me! You have gorgeous hair! I understand if your ends bother you, but I think that they look just fine!

If your hair was wet there would be no question - waist length. Dry hair bulks up and shortens a bit, even on your smooth shiny strait hair. So you true length is waist, but your practical, dry length is "can I call this waist." My wet length is almost "can I call this tail bone" while my dry length does not even hit my waist. Of course i'm curly, so I loose alot more lenght.

If the ends are really bothering you chop them, you would still have plenty of length and the rest would just grow out. For the record though, I think you ends look very nice.

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I'd trimm the ends but it gets me really annoyied that I never reach the waist cause there's always something to trimm off:/ So I solemnly swore not to cut it until it will grow past my waist and then I'll be slowly trimming it off still having it waist length That's my sneaky plan

Account Closed by Member Request

Your waist is the narrowest point of your torso. Which is way above your hands in the picture. So I´d say you are below waist?? I think you could get a trim and still be at waist. But if you wear your hair up a lot remember that blunt ends can be difficult to put up.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

To me there's no question that you've reached waist length. Also your hair is lovely. Congratulations!

I think you've confused a lot of people by having your hands on your hips, but your slim waist is far above your hands. Your hair is definitely at, and in some places, past your waist.

As far as the ends, they look fine, but if it will make you feel better about your hair, I say cut a half inch off. If you're still not happy, cut another half inch off. Don't cut any more off than that. Even if you take an inch off, it will be back in no time!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Looks like you have one of those fabulous figures with the long, slender waist and, from my standpoint, yes, your hair has attained that length for you. Congratulations! And it's beautiful hair, too.

Which is why I have to ask: You say "I don't like it" - to what are you referring?
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy E. View Post
    Looks like you have one of those fabulous figures with the long, slender waist and, from my standpoint, yes, your hair has attained that length for you. Congratulations! And it's beautiful hair, too.

Which is why I have to ask: You say "I don't like it" - to what are you referring?
    Aww thank you for those compliments I feel a bit ashamed I don't like my layers, my ends and that it looks like every hair is different lenght I'd like it to be all one lenght, maybe a bit shorter around my face, that's all

Ah, well, we are our own worse critic, right? You're hair is gorgeous! I think your plan is a good one (to maintain at waist and trim your ends a little at a time)

Length
    Short/Clssc/Term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eirinn View Post
    I'm wandering also if the thin bottom has something to do with the tieing point of my braids hmm is it possible?

I think your hair is lovely! (I'm not a good judge on length.)

Breakage may be contributing to the taper at the ends--do you find a number of split ends or white dots? If it is breaking, the tying point of the braids could be a factor. Cut pantyhose wrapped just tight enough to keep the braid from unraveling tend to be gentle. Scunci makes Hair Hosiery elastics, too. Lately, I just leave my braid end loose, and it stays well enough.

Proud member of the Renegray Gang

Lady Alassiel of Water and Wisdom in The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Just had to tell you how very beautiful your hair is. I love the color, shine and end : ) Go ahead and call it waist length!