Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Scares...

Length
    17/22/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Hair Scares...

Are you paranoid about losing all, or most of your hair, for whatever reasons? Like having it EXTREMELY damaged, or even cut off? There's been times I had my hair up and thought that it got cut off, heh heh.

On public transportation, there's been people cutting off people's long ponytails for YEARS. The moral here is to wear a hoodie if there's people sitting behind you. ;(

ITT discuss your greatest fears in relevance to hair, or even your experiences with losing your length unwillingly.
    Lady Lirr of the Heart-Stirring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I am scared I'm going to get cancer and go bald like my mom did. I mean, duh, I'm scared I could die from it. But, if I don't die... I could lose all or most of my hair. That makes me sad. My hair is really important to me.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

omg thats awful, people actually cut strangers pony tails off thats assault.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Yeah Im afraid of getting cancer also, and losing my hair to it. My grandma had breast cancer.....And I cant believe people really do chop off a random persons hair! I havent heard anything in the news, but youve got me scared! lol

I HATE

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I do sometimes think about someone randomly chopping off a braid in public... Or a lock of hair. Gives me the heebie-geebies. But, I don't dwell on it. Besides, I usually bun my hair when I go out anyway.

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Well Im also scared of loosing my hair due to cancer and I have a high tendency for it in my family and also have caught that pap-virus But most likely once i actually have it I will focus on surviving more than my hair and not pay too much attention to it.

Public scares me everyday. especially since a guy on the subway (last year) ripped out a small streak of my hair and smelled it
    I mostly wear it up and if I dont its hidden in my jacket or at least over my shoulder and I always pay attention to whos behind me.
    With really long hair you do get a lot of stares and its hard to tell creep from just fascinated.
    I came across a lot of internet trolls with a cut or shave f e t i s h in some german hair forums...very scary. :/

Im also scared about getting into a fight..long hair can be a real disadvantage there..

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Emichiee View Post
    Well Im also scared of loosing my hair due to cancer and I have a high tendency for it in my family and also have caught that pap-virus But most likely once i actually have it I will focus on surviving more than my hair and not pay too much attention to it.

Public scares me everyday. especially since a guy on the subway (last year) ripped out a small streak of my hair and smelled it
    I mostly wear it up and if I dont its hidden in my jacket or at least over my shoulder and I always pay attention to whos behind me.
    With really long hair you do get a lot of stares and its hard to tell creep from just fascinated.
    I came across a lot of internet trolls with a cut or shave f e t i s h in some german hair forums...very scary. :/

Im also scared about getting into a fight..long hair can be a real disadvantage there..

If you talking about the HPV virus, having HPV doesn't mean that you have or will have cancer. In most cases it goes away. I had it and it cleared up on it's own. Just keep up with your tests. Finding problems early can be taken care of these days without kemo.

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My hair scares:

-people cutting it off (does that really happen? why do they do that?)
    -hair suddenly falling out (happens to me sometimes, but only little patches)
    -chemo

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Emichiee.....i really understand the getting into a fight thing.....long hair down or in a ponytail as you say can really be a handicap....i found that out in play fights with my ex.

My main fear with hair is loosing it from illness.....after seeing how much i lost last year from getting ill and getting telogen effluvium. Before that my main hair concern was that it was growing too slowly and the condition (as in fried) because of chemical treatments.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Account Closed by Member Request

We have gas heaters here in our house, theyre the blue flame space heaters, sometimes when I dont have my hair up (middle of the night or early am) and I bend down to turn it up or down, I am like OMG, what the heck am I doing, I could catch my hair on fire!!

I am pretty much clumsy, duhhhhhhh.....I cant be trusted around fire with my own head obviouslly, maybe I should buy a fireproof helmet for hair protection? haha, that was a joke, I would look dorky in a helmet!! (lolol)

But seriously, I always worry about burning it! (Thank goodness I dont smoke!)

I also watch ever careful when shaving pits in shower, someone posted that they cut their hair accidentially and one day I noticed a large chunk of wet strands in my pit right before I shaved it! (Now I make sure all the hair is NOT IN PIT before shaving) I would have a fit if I did something like that to myself! ack!