Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    -/CLS/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

I am doing this today with color b4 I did strand test yesterday, and it looks quite promising. Strand I picked for test was originally same shade as majority of my hair, and after treatment it is noticeably lighter and less orange. Lightness is little surprising, as it went lighter than my natural color, but I guess it will re-darken later? Color is not even nearly as ashy as my own color, it is still quite golden, but closer to the original anyway. Condition of that strand seems to be same as before treatment. It was quite tangly and coarse right after rinsing, but 10 minutes of conditioner soak did some miracles
    I probably should wait for couple of weeks to see if results last and if some damage appears later, but today is only perfect day to play with hair and stink I have in next many weeks... I don't have to go anywhere in next 3 days, and my boyfriend has a flu (not corona), so he won't suffer too much of eggy smell XD

So I may report some relusts later, if I remember.

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Do post your results please!
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Length
    .5"/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Thank you so so so so so so much!! I can't thank you enough. I love the red tint henna gives, but it feels like I gave myself a strong protein treatment. I can't wait to try it!
    "Kindness is the best nourishment for humanity"

Length
    13/30/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Just tried this method, do not have any pictures (it was a success!) but wanted to warn everybody to keep silver away from coloroops!! Did not take into consideration the sulfur and oxygen that would tarnish the heck out of one of my lockets...

Length
    24”/35”/40”
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofbugglake View Post
    So, here is my attempt at removing via Color Opps (each pic was taken several days after corresponding treatment to account for reoxidization. Final pic 1 month after final application):

Process
    Did 5 treatments of ColorOpps over 2 months. Left each on for 2 hours and rinsed for 40 minutes.

Did it damage my hair?
    Hard to say. The good news is that I don't see any major breakage or anything. My hair isn't quite as soft as it used to be and it seems a bit more dry. But nothing drastic. However, the stink--oh the stink-- nearly ended my marriage. AND it stays stinky when wet for a solid month!

Results
    Failed. It only lightened my hair a tiny bit and was not worth the $70 I spent on the treatments (not to mention the incredible stink).

About my hair
    I have been using henna/indigo for nearly 4 years. Pure, high quality, and high lawsome content in henna. This may be the reason it didn't work for me.

What I plan to do next
    I'm still determined to return to my natural color. I LOVE henna, but it is time for a change. I'll try honey treatments, but I don't have high hopes. I plan on doing henna lowlights to blend my hair while it grows out. For me, the only way to get strong henna out is by cutting.
    thank you for posting