Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tags

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Tags

Who is tagging threads? I think it's great--this will be a really useful feature. Thank you to everyone who's participating!

Also, is there a list somewhere of all the tags? I haven't found it yet, but maybe somebody else has.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I just realized that I can edit tags. That's awesome.

Oh, and it case it wasn't totally obvious, I haven't been editing the tags.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I tagged one, but have NO idea what it did (other than add a tag) or what the PURPOSE is, nor if anyone but ME saw the post I tagged (I mean: was it visible to anyone but me? Should I tag threads that I post in, so that I know, because the little dot-in-circle at the left isn't telling me "hey, BIM, you posted in this thread!" anymore)

Length
    2/69/70?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I keep forgetting that the tag system even exists. How can we add tags to existing posts and threads? I don't see it when I go to edit, even in advanced mode.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I just tagged the Swap Board User Guidelines. I tagged it with "swap, sell, buy, trade"
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

But but but... It doesn't say "this is tagged because it's interesting" or "this is tagged because a fight's about to erupt" or "it's tagged because Sally posted here and I alwyas like to read her stuff". I don't "get" the tags. What do they DO? And does EVERYONE see the tag I put, or just me? And if we have a dozen mods tagging stuff, plus members tagging stuff, then everything'll be tagged all to heck and I won't be able to find a friggin thing.

Does that make sense?

Length
    24"/TB+/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

I think everyone can tag any thread and everyone can see them. The Edit Tags is on the "Tag" bar right above the quick reply box at the bottom of each thread.

If you click on one of the tags for each thread, say, the "sell" tag on TB's swap thread, then it should bring up all the threads that are tagged "sell".

At least that's how I think it works from what another member (Rae?) explained to me.

See "About ME" under profile for my friend/contact policy
    Public Album Private Album

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

A tag is a useful way to catalog posts for ease of reference. There can be tags for "tmi", "brushes", "chickens", etc. If you want to read all posts that are tagged as such, you simply click the tag, and all of them will be displayed.

To tag a thread, go to the "Tags" bar, located under the "Bookmarks" bar, right above the Quick Reply. Opposite of where it says "Tags" it should say "Edit Tags". Click that, edit, and then save.

Did that help explain it?
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

And if we have a dozen mods tagging stuff, plus members tagging stuff, then everything'll be tagged all to heck and I won't be able to find a friggin thing.
    I would worry about that too but I'm sure if it got out of hand you could change the permissions of who could do it...

Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I tagged that thread but there is no place to say "tagged because it's a cool TMI about periods" or "tagged because snowbear's being silly again". Just a generic tag. Or do I put the TOPIC in my bookmark? THAT would make sense... Maybe I finally GOT something! Mark it on your calendar! Or, better yet: TAG IT! HAHAHAHAHAHHA

OK, I don't see anywhere a "quick reply", so I'm lost agian. You'd probably better cut your losses and give up on me. This is lke trying to teach Grandma how to program her VCR, then telling her "you can watch one thing while you're taping something else." Remember the scene from City SLickers? "My gosh, the COWS can program a VCR by now!" Yep, that's me!