Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you get your hair to be not greasy between shampoos?

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default How do you get your hair to be not greasy between shampoos?

If you're just starting out? My hair looks really oily if I skip only one day of shampooing. What can I do to make it so I can stretch it longer in between?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: How do you get your hair to be not greasy between shampoos?

You could try a dry shampoo, my favorite is the Klorane brand. It really works. However I find washing daily with a non sulphate shampoo and gently washing is less harmful than bothering to rub the dry shampoo into my roots because it takes a harder washing to wash it out in the end anyway.

Do you use SLS shampoo? You might try switching to non SLS It is more gentle and doesn't strip your hair of all the oils (that's what causes your scalp to produce more oil to 'catch up' and it looks greasier faster)
    This is just what works for me, and my hair is really fine and thin and it is hard to stretch my washes regardless, maybe someone with your hair type will be of more help.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

We don't really have a large selection of stores around here....are there any drugstore SLS-free shampoos?

Length
    1 in/12 in/30 in
    Type
    1a/F/i

I just started using the baking soda / acv rinse in between the times I have to use a shampoo/deep condition to remove chlorine because I am a swim instructor. Seems to work really well for me. Unfortunately, shampoo is the only thing that seems to get the chemicals from the pool out. In fact, here is to hoping I get a new job in the New Year. I love what I do but I don’t make enough at it and it is killing my hair. Hehehe good excuse, right? Good Luck.

Grow, Hair, Grow

Length
    22/MB/Hip

I use dry shampoo and I have gone from washing my hair every single day to washing it once a week :-) dry shampoo is a God send for me! It was only about 3 months ago I couldn't skip a day! and also not touching it so often, and braiding it when when I'm sleeping. for some reason my hair doesn't get half as greasy if i braid it at night.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Sometimes you have to live with the grease to train your hair to produce less of it- at least this what I found. I found that adding extra product didn't help to train my hair at all.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Do you comb/brush your hair often? That just stimulates more production of sebum and the oil travels down your hair. I don't comb my hair when it starts getting greasy and that helps quite a bit.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    Sometimes you have to live with the grease to train your hair to produce less of it- at least this what I found. I found that adding extra product didn't help to train my hair at all.
    this exactly.. it just need some time to transist
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I usually only brush it when I first get up in the morning. lol

Length
    Pixi/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    This. Just have to wait the greasy out and eventually your hair will adjust to being washed less frequently. Though I would also keep an eye on what you're using when you do wash, things that are really stripping will only make matters worse. The gentler shampoo the better.