Thread: Best Way To Scalp Wash

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Best Way To Scalp Wash

I've done scalp washes a few times in the past, but hated the way I got all of my hair, plus my neck and down my back soaked. There must be a better way!

Would you please share your techniques?
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    22apl/35tbl/term
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Best Way To Scalp Wash

One method is putting your hair into a high, loose braid and holding it up with one hand while washing it. I've tried it a few time before, but I hate bending forward or how my hair falls upside down (since it creates a lot of tangles). Although the ends and back stays dry.

I'm considering trying a scalp wash upright in the shower with a middle, vertical parting dividing the hair into two sections and brought forward. I'd hold the ends in the front and tie it into a plastic bag or something similar. EDIT: The shower should hit the back of your head so the front stays dry. I think that'll work, but I haven't tried it yet.

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Best Way To Scalp Wash

I scalp wash in the shower, holding onto the length up above my head with one hand. My arms do get pretty tired, but I do it when I don't want to spend a long time waiting for my hair to dry. After it's all rinsed, I put on a turbie towel, but I keep the dry part of my hair ouside the towel and then I stick a buff on top to hold up the dry hair.