Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who can grow long hair?

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Who can grow long hair?

Just wondering, is it possible for a curly/ tight wavy haired girl to grow waist length hair? I read somewhere that people with wavy hair or curly hair cannot grow it long? I am now worried if i will be able to. Also, how long should it take?

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Who can grow long hair?

I dont see why you coudnt. I remember seeing a picture of Diana Ross with crazy long hair - it was a beautiful sight to see!
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Length
    SL/APL/waist

tightlycurly.com People with curly hair can grow it long. Curly hair tends to shrink so it seems like its not growing as fast, but it is. Don't worry. Just take good care of it and eat properly.

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I'm interested in this also, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. My hair isn't as curly as yours, but none of my female relatives going back to my great grandmother have ever had long hair. Whether this is due to them always trimming or not I don't know, it just seems odd than none of them have ever had long hair. It does make me worry.

Keeping an eye on this thread
    Currently growing out dyed hair, and then it's on to waist
    Last dye - 10th December 2013, will cut at 5 inches of roots
    1 - 1.5 - 2 - 2.5 - 3 - 3.5 - 4 - 4.5 - 5

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Oh yeah, it'll tale longer though and when it finally reaches waist and you tug it down it will be much longer than that. Your hair might need special gentle handling??
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

In case anyone is wondering, my hair idol is Holly Marie Combs, she inspires me to grow my hai long. I have no patience and am obssesed with my hair, so i just want to know my hard work will NOT be for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shikara View Post
    Oh yeah, it'll tale longer though and when it finally reaches waist and you tug it down it will be much longer than that. Your hair might need special gentle handling??

oh, its pretty thick and not too fragile, this is the type of hair that i air dry and it looks bsl length and is really mid-back. The curls are not too tight, but tangly enough to be a pain. i need major tips on how to care for curly hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    oh, its pretty thick and not too fragile, this is the type of hair that i air dry and it looks bsl length and is really mid-back. The curls are not too tight, but tangly enough to be a pain. i need major tips on how to care for curly hair.

lol by pretty thick i mean very much so.
    Last edited by Gumball; November 25th, 2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Combined posts into multi-quote.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I have wavy hair, and have curly haired friends, and we all have long hair.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Type
    2b/M/iii

In case anyone is wondering, my hair idol is Holly Marie Combs, she inspires me to grow my hai long. I have no patience and am obssesed with my hair, so i just want to know my hard work will NOT be for nothing.
    If you are a curly, you're going to need a bucketload of patience to grow long hair. The very nature of your hair means that you're going to need to be very careful how you care for it.

Long hair is gained only thru patience and gentle handling.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    If you are a curly, you're going to need a bucketload of patience to grow long hair. The very nature of your hair means that you're going to need to be very careful how you care for it.

Long hair is gained only thru patience and gentle handling.

ahh thanks, thats why i joined here, i wish i could post a pic for better help, but i don't know how to.

Type
    2b/M/iii

ahh thanks, thats why i joined here, i wish i could post a pic for better help, but i don't know how to.
    You're welcome, Hollyfire.

LHC member Carrie Ingalls has lovely very long hair that is curly and so does her sister.

You might also like to chat with GRU who has some seriously beautiful curls.

Long (waist or longer) curly hair is a labor of love. I'm sure many of the curlies here have plenty of tips on how to care for your curls. Good luck and happy growing.