Thread: The official hair typing thread

Length
    APL/28"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The official hair typing thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    I'm itching to say: "what did I say?"
    Here's the pictures. Maybe you guys will see something interesting going on there but for me, this whole exercise proved only that I was right. My hair without combing and styling is horrible. I don't think those pictures say anything about my texture.
    I got only irritated. As soon as I was done I had to re-wet my hair and comb it properly, use leave-in and mousse.

This is exactly why I’ve been putting off proper hair-typing! Washing and air-drying my hair knowing I’m just gonna have to get it damp again to untangle properly is so unappealing. You have really nice texture and color though.

And yes, I agree 2c for both Outmoded and Paulownia.
    BSL~WL~HL~TBL?~classic...?

26-27-28-29-30-31-32-33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42

Length
    1"/33"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I'm not sure if the hair typing that I listed on my profile is correct. Originally, about 4 years ago, I probably scrunched and used gel before typing and I'm sure my hair has changed some anyway. This time I think I have properly prepared and it sure was tough not being able to braid or put my hair up out of the way until it dried! I'd love to hear some opinions about what my hair type might be from my LHC friends. Thanks in advance.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    I'm not sure if the hair typing that I listed on my profile is correct. Originally, about 4 years ago, I probably scrunched and used gel before typing and I'm sure my hair has changed some anyway. This time I think I have properly prepared and it sure was tough not being able to braid or put my hair up out of the way until it dried! I'd love to hear some opinions about what my hair type might be from my LHC friends. Thanks in advance.

I'm going with 2c as I see a couple spirals. I was looking at 3a and the definition for 3a but I don't think there's enough spirals.
    Current method: CW ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse daily to keep scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    BSL/BCL/?
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I would say 2c as well!

paulownia did you wash your hair upside down? The top of the head looks very similar to mine if I do.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./55/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

WOW! I'm obviously second guessing some of the other posters here but I think you got it right!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Beautiful. This looks like 2b to me. Those who saw some spirals and answered 2c - do you mean at the ends? I don't see any.
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Length
    Bald/Ugly/BCL

I agree with 2b as well!

I'm actually getting excited to see what texture my virgin hair has, its tempting to do split dye where one side is bleached and the other isn't and compare the two side by side. I think I'm accepting I won't have 1b hair I used to have when younger
    Last edited by Bat; December 2nd, 2021 at 06:36 AM.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    Beautiful. This looks like 2b to me. Those who saw some spirals and answered 2c - do you mean at the ends? I don't see any.
    I just love this thread lol. I see a couple spirals starting to form on the right and another on the left on the top layer. That's the definition "the odd spiral starting to form." I think the guide needs better pics to compare to tho.
    Current method: CW ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse daily to keep scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I am still new, so will not venture a guess, but I must say, you have beautiful hair.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wendyp View Post
    I just love this thread lol. I see a couple spirals starting to form on the right and another on the left on the top layer. That's the definition "the odd spiral starting to form." I think the guide needs better pics to compare to tho.
    It is really interesting when people perceive the same picture differently. I tend to see spirals that others don't too; I sometimes wonder if it's a difference in perception or whether clarity of screen has anything to do with it as well. Maybe both? (barnet_fair I'm not referring specifically to you by any means, not at all, it's always happening on this thread!)

It's also really interesting that three quite different heads of hair recently all fit the same type!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness