Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The official hair typing thread

Length
    chin/hip/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The official hair typing thread

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I havenít typed my hair since it was roughly APL so I guess it is time.

What do you say, experts?
    Well! Iím no expert but I would say 1b/1c? Your hair is so pretty, knobbly.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    Hi all - itís been interesting looking over this thread. I always thought I was 1C verging on 2A...but now that Iíve followed instructions on washing & drying, I got a bit of a surprise. I think I might be more firmly in the 2s. Any words of wisdom? (And sorry for the smeary mirror)

Wavy 2s? by Yesterday- Today, on Flickr

Definitely in the 2s! 2b maybe, I think? I donít think Iíve ever seen your hair down, itís gorgeous.
    artist, lover, general mystic; maker of many things
    current length: hip / current goal: bcl

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I havenít typed my hair since it was roughly APL so I guess it is time.

What do you say, experts?
    So beautiful Knobbly! Love the colour as well! I think your 1c typing is good.

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    Hi all - itís been interesting looking over this thread. I always thought I was 1C verging on 2A...but now that Iíve followed instructions on washing & drying, I got a bit of a surprise. I think I might be more firmly in the 2s. Any words of wisdom? (And sorry for the smeary mirror)

Amazing hair! Definitely solidly in the 2s. Maybe 2b?
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Length
    27.5"/32.5"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Beautiful hair, Knobbly! It looks so thick and lustrous.
    Thank you Feral_! This pic looks so odd and messy to me, likely for the same reason as Lucy McLucyFace-- I never let my hair dry without detangling it thoroughly and manipulating it while it dries. I appreciate the compliment on my unadulterated texture though!

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Well! I’m no expert but I would say 1b/1c? Your hair is so pretty, knobbly.
    Ayyyyy thank you baanoo

Quote Originally Posted by Amenahh View Post
    So beautiful Knobbly! Love the colour as well! I think your 1c typing is good.
    Thank you so much!

Hair typing is so odd because of course when my hair is damp I get lovely S waves and some spirals, but they fall out as it dries, especially now in the winter when it's so dry. I think I'll go with 1b/1c since that's an accurate reflection of how my hair dries throughout the year as the seasons change.
    HL now, current goal is Classic
    Weekly wash alternating SLES with sulfate-free, bbb enthusiast, sealing all the moisture in with *gasp!* baby oil! No trimming 2021 (first half)

Thanks Amenahh and Baanoo - I was wondering if it’d be enough for 2b...I think going WO with just a bit of ACV and hair food has allowed it to do its thing more than my old shampoo/conditioner routine. That and I usually comb out any waves before they appear.

Oh, and if you think you hadn’t seen my hair loose before, you’d be right - this was the first time I’d tried to get a pic of it...it was harder getting it all in the frame than I thought it would be! Do others normally get someone else to snap the pic, or other helpful hints?

Length
    27.5"/32.5"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I use the timer feature on my phone and the window ledge, or I rope my spouse into taking a pic lol.
    HL now, current goal is Classic
    Weekly wash alternating SLES with sulfate-free, bbb enthusiast, sealing all the moisture in with *gasp!* baby oil! No trimming 2021 (first half)

I use the timer feature on my phone and the window ledge, or I rope my spouse into taking a pic lol.
    *slaps forehead in exasperation* Timer feature! Why did I not think of looking for a timer on my phone? (I blame the early hour for my being so slow...the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet!)

Okay brand new here and need some serious help! I thought for sure my hair was F/M 1b and that there weren't any waves in my hair at all... But then I followed the hair typing instructions (washed, conditioned, let air dry without touching) and my hair is completely different than I thought. I don't have any idea where to go from here!

Not sure why the images didn't load
    https://flic.kr/p/2kccE1t
    https://flic.kr/p/2kccDVy

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akp View Post
    First picture wasn't found but the second worked. I'd say definitely 2a. Welcome!

knobbly I concur with 1c too
    PeonyBlue at least 2b but you know, I think the waves are tight enough in some places to even say 2b/2c. Either way, quite a difference from 1c/2a!
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by akp View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Unexpected waves! Like you, I think I’d been combing and weighing out most of the wave...it’s amazing what we discover doing this process!

Oh, and as for the pics, I struggled at first with Flickr too. Hit the little arrow at the bottom right of the Flickr pic, and copy the BBcode into your post here. As a bonus you can select the size of your pics.