Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The official hair typing thread

Length
    28"/35"/clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Hairtyping Help Thread

Ooo, nice sister thread to your new hairtyping index MusicalSpoons! How about putting links to the other thread in your intial post, so that people can add to the index once they figure out their hairtype?

jane_marie 1b/1c looks about right, but if you grew out the dye I bet it'd get much wurlier (not saying you should, it's a nice color on you)

EDIT: Ylva, my best guess is 2c, but this one is tough! Looks a bit like a frizzier version of cjk's hair, now that I think about it. (For other people trying to answer this one, he turns around at 3:49)
    Last edited by Spikey; August 16th, 2019 at 04:08 PM.
    .................................................. ............... .......
    ................................ ......................................BSL-MBL-WL-HIP-BCL-TBL-CLASSIC

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Dried naturally and uncombed
    This is the only photo that counts for hairtyping, though it is interesting to see how different types behave under different everyday circumstances I'd say 1c/2a, there are individual waves for sure, and more pronounced than for just 1c.

If you tweak your haircare routine over time, you may well find it ends up wavier (like many of us here!) so it could be useful to take a typing picture again in a year or so too what counts right now is what you're currently working with though.

Thanks Spikey, and that's a great idea - I've added the link
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thanks for all the help everyone! I really appreciate it.

MusicalSpoons I went ahead and tppk out the other photos since they aren't usable. Sorry about that.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    jane_marie 1b/1c looks about right, but if you grew out the dye I bet it'd get much wurlier (not saying you should, it's a nice color on you)
    It's henna and I regret it terribly. haha.

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I've actually never asked for help with hairtyping. Partly because I find that pictures never quite translate, and partly because I never tend to create new threads (so thanks for this, MusicalSpoons!).

If you want to have a bash at my hair, here it is. All of these are hairtyping photos, no manipulation, freshly washed and air dried hair. I started using a leave in conditioner so from August onwards I guess my pictures won't count as hairtyping pictures anymore, so I might as well do this now with this year's previous length shots.

As you can see my canopy hair is straighter than my underlayer. I'd say the canopy is 2a/2b and the underlayer 2b/2c. All of my hair is loose spirals (not S waves or body waves - loose spirals, in various degrees of looseness and frizziness).
    A lurker who loves swaps

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    EDIT: Ylva, my best guess is 2c, but this one is tough! Looks a bit like a frizzier version of cjk's hair, now that I think about it. (For other people trying to answer this one, he turns around at 3:49)
    Yes, I came to think of cjk as well, like... cjk without all the CG effort.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    28"/35"/clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Hailwidis, I'm inclined to say 2a/2b, maybe 2b. You have very nice, predictable and gentle waves. And clearly some curly days, especially in that July picture, but March and May are solid 2a. There are a few spirals in your last one, but the overwhelming majority of your hair is much straighter that that. One spiral-y day over 5 pictures is imho, an outlier rather than a reason to say 2b/2c. And, well, if you're 2c, then I need to totally re-think my hairtyping, which is also totally possible.

As you said though, pictures really don't do hair justice. If you're like "what the h*ll spikey my hair is totally 2b/2c!", you know better than us!
    .................................................. ............... .......
    ................................ ......................................BSL-MBL-WL-HIP-BCL-TBL-CLASSIC

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hailwidis zooming in on your pics I do see much more texture underneath the canopy, including some spirals peeking out in all of them, but much more noticeable in the July pic and the one after. You appear to have the range of 2a-3a on your head, tbh just, those ringlets underneath the canopy - anything straighter than 2b/2c would just be wrong, in my opinion. I think it depends how much of your hair is in that straighter canopy; if it's just the very, very top layer you could legitimately type the majority as 2c; but in terms of how it 'reads' I think 2b/2c is probably a good description
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/MBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

My hair might be too short for proper hairtyping, but I think I can give it a go. What do you guys think?

ETA: it's quite a dark picture, but if you crank up the brightness of your screen, you should be able to see more details.
    Last edited by Hasse; September 11th, 2019 at 07:33 AM.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I think your hair looks like perfect 2a, Hasse