Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1187

Thread: The official hair typing thread

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: The official hair typing thread

I only recently got a smart phone, and it isn't terribly smart--exactly $36 worth of smartness, in fact ( ; But it does have a camera and the option to take a photo by voice command rather than pressing the button. It can fit on a much smaller space than my actual camera, so I've been getting by setting it on a shelf to take photos of the back of my head. Now it's a battle between me and the poor lighting in my apartment, as the only appropriate-height shelf is in the room that has no windows!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./57/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    I only recently got a smart phone, and it isn't terribly smart--exactly $36 worth of smartness, in fact ( ; But it does have a camera and the option to take a photo by voice command rather than pressing the button. It can fit on a much smaller space than my actual camera, so I've been getting by setting it on a shelf to take photos of the back of my head. Now it's a battle between me and the poor lighting in my apartment, as the only appropriate-height shelf is in the room that has no windows!
    This ^. If it's an Android fone, the Open Camera app allows voice recognition. While I have never been able to get it to recognize when I say CHEESE, any "loud" noise it hears (you can ajust the sound level defining "loud") will trigger the shutter (or start the timer's countdown).

So I set the camera up on a cinderblock (right height for me ), walk away, turn around and yell bang!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by claudiarae View Post
    Hello hair typers! I'm pretty sure I'm 1c, maybe 2a, but just wanted some confirmation/possible styling and product recommendations!

https://imgur.com/a/07GxgMc
    I agree 1c/2a. Stretched out but a lot of waves.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    5/22/35+
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Here's a quick picture of the back of my hair. Of course, I don't usually see this angle of myself, but the hair is definitely more wavy than in front. So any guesses as to my hair type?

http://www.geographylists.com/brandt_hair_back.jpg

Length
    BSL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Mh maybe 1b/1c.
    TBL | 39.17 ''/ 99.5 cm | - 3.35 ''/ 8.5 cm to CL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    Here's a quick picture of the back of my hair. Of course, I don't usually see this angle of myself, but the hair is definitely more wavy than in front. So any guesses as to my hair type?

1a/b at the most; that is bar all darn near stick straight. Did you comb it at all after washing, because for hair typing that is something you can't do. There's guidelines around on how to exactly do your hair to type it here in this thread.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

1b but you have to do the correct procedure for a true hair typing just fyi.
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

1b but you have to do the correct procedure for a true hair typing just fyi.

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

And here I was thinking full 1c, with what looks like body in the bulk, and definite flipping at the ends.

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

I was thinking 1c too because there are some waves in the middle. Straight with one or two waves fits 1c perfectly.