Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby shampoo for growth?..

Cool Baby shampoo for growth?..

Not sure if there is a thread like this out there, but recently i have been noticing a lot of talk about gentle shampoo for your hair ( especially from my friends. ) One lady i know has advised me to try using johnson's baby shampoo for hair growth. Claiming this stuff really made her hair grow like never before!Being skeptical ( of most external products) for hair growth i was doubting her enthusiasm for this product.

Let me say now that I am also am a strong advocate for using organ and natural based hair care products and i ( unless under certain circumstances) will always use natural. In fact now that i have been using organic for a while i feel guilty if i cheat and use something that is not or cones on my hair! ( not saying cones are bad ofcoarse )

Anyways, I was thinking that my friends great hair success could have been because baby shampoo is a very mild cleanser, as it is for an infants sensitive skin and hair. Maybe she had been used to harsh detergents or bad products before and the reason for such growth was the change to a more mile gentle cleansing agent, thus the increased rate of hair growth? Other than that i can't think of much else that could have caused such great results from her using this product. I might as well give it a try though! as i have seen that they have a new " natural" line of baby shampoo if you go onto there website. If anyone has experienced favorable results from using a baby shampoo please feel free to share! I would love to know more about these products and results

-ash

Length
    3/32.75/45
    Type
    1c/2a/C/i/ii

Default Re: Baby shampoo for growth?..

I haven't heard too many good things about baby shampoo around here. While it is mild on the eyes I've actually heard that its very drying on ones hair. I'm sure some other people who are more knowledgable will chip in. Although, different products work for different people, so you never know what will work for you until you try it.

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by princessashley View Post
    baby shampoo is a very mild cleanser, as it is for an infants sensitive skin and hair.
    Actually, baby shampoo is not necessarily mild. From what I've read, the difference is that it's alkaline so it won't irritate eyes.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

Length
    ?/30ish/Hip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

as you mentioned Organic and Natural I thought I would mention "Johnson and Johnson" are a not very nice company that tests on animals... here is a link that has a little list of companies who do and do not test on animals...

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I tried almost every brand of baby shampoo that are available in my country and there are only 3 of them which are really mild (they are sulfate-free). I think the rest is even harsher than a usual shampoo. I also tried Johnson's baby because I love its smell but it was VERY drying.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    18/28/45
    Type
    3b/C/ii/iii

I have a friend with the most beautiful good condition waist length hair and she told me that she used kids shampoo and conditioner for awhile due to the chemicals in it which strengthened new growth..
    soft kitty, warm kitty..

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I saw a Youtube video not long ago about growing long hair and a woman on it said she used baby shampoo and it made her hair grow like crazy.

I really am sceptical, to the point where I really am not even tempted to try. This is rare for me.. I want to try everything.

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I just recently heard on the news of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo being connected with formaldehyde!

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I use Aveeno's extra-gentle baby shampoo & wash, mostly because I am extremely allergic to plants and minerals. I do find it drying, but not overly so. My hair seems to like alkaline though, since I also have success with BS. I go easy on the amount and massage it into my roots and scalp - no flakes, no allergic reaction, and my hair is good to go for a day or two.

I haven't been doing this long enough to notice growth, but I fall on the side of believing there's not much you can do externally to make your hair grow faster. Nourish it from the inside, pamper it on the outside!

Length
    16 in/25 in/????
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I have to agree with Lapin, to nourish from the inside out. You can google foods for healthy hair.
    I take the omega 3,6,9 supplements and eat alot of peanut butter and yogurt. I have been told I have healthy hair every time I get my bangs trimmed.