Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aloe Vera Juice?!

Length
    25/25/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Aloe Vera Juice?!

Quote Originally Posted by Clem_Dela View Post
    thanks Gilbert-Sarah! how much do you use in a rinse? I bought some and it's sitting in the fridge now. Tried drinking it but it tastes so nasty...
    i probably used about 1 tablespoon per cup of rinse

Length
    29 "/33"/MORE
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I have a huge aloe vera plant - it's very easy to grow indoors. I have used it for SMT's. It's more helpful to think of yourself as peeling the gel. With a small, sharp knife, I trim off the sharp points, both sides, then peel the rounded part, then lay the leaf flat on its flat side and run the knife just under the skin. You end up with a half tube of jello like goo. Smash that up and put it whereever. It does not keep. But you can take just one spear for your one SMT.

I've been thinking about trying to blend the spears, unskinned, and strain the skin out. But I'm not sure it's possible.
    "I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to these teachers" Kahlil Gibran.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    I have a huge aloe vera plant - it's very easy to grow indoors. I have used it for SMT's. It's more helpful to think of yourself as peeling the gel. With a small, sharp knife, I trim off the sharp points, both sides, then peel the rounded part, then lay the leaf flat on its flat side and run the knife just under the skin. You end up with a half tube of jello like goo. Smash that up and put it whereever. It does not keep. But you can take just one spear for your one SMT.
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to try and buy a spear this week to use it in my SMT!!

Do you know if it is possible to refrigerate it at all, even just so it lasts like a week? I like using aloe as a gel in my hair but doing that every day seems like a hassle.

Length
    ?/48/55 ?
    Type
    2b/M/iii

You should be able to keep it in the fridge for a week.

I used to have a big Aloe plant and I would just take a spear and then use something heavy
    like a mug or something to "squish" it flat. The spear would split open and the gel would ooze out the sides. You can then just kind of scrape it away from the skin and use it.

Type
    2a/M/iii

hi everyone!

So, I put a splash of this stuff in my ACV rinse this morning, and now that my hair is dry I'm pretty sure it was a GOOD idea.

my recipe was approximately this: 1/4th cup ACV, 1/4th cup Aloe juice, 2 cups water, 2 tbsp honey.

My hair has a bit more slip to it for sure and is not frizzy. It is also much shinier than usual

As for drinking....Aloe vera juice is less than desirable as far as flavor goes. It tastes like p*ss, quite frankly. At least on its own. I think most people add it to some normal juice of some kind and drink it that way.

Next time I'm getting one of the berry flavored ones they have. i wanted a very pure form to try on my hair, but maybe the berry ones would be nice too!

(By the way, I checked the ingredients list and this stuff was very pure. Aloe vera, citric acid, sodium benzoate. The bottle was also labeled as "98.9 % aloe vera")
    "Her hair went streaming out from her, till it spread like a mist over the stars. She flung herself abroad in space." Follow my hairy tale on tumblr!