Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut your curly hair? It does grow back! (1 year anniversary pics)

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Default Cut your curly hair? It does grow back! (1 year anniversary pics)

Last year on September 30, 2010, I went into the bathroom and cut off all my hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWhUVoooE4Y

I'd been thinking about doing it for a long time, and finally did it while I had the courage to try.

After my home chop, two weeks later I went to my hair stylist and she took it up to a pixie so it looked like this:

Here is my hair last week:

It was cut twice last year to make sure the curls didn't turn into mushroom head. Basically, the top layers were cut while the bottom was allowed to grow.

Straightened, it's between shoulder and APL. About 10 inches on the bottom layers! Woot!

So, curly girls (and guys!), keep your head up. It does grow back! And while the curls may seem to eat up the length, it IS there and will eventually show how much it has grown!

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Cut your curly hair? It does grow back! (1 year anniversary pics)

Gorgeous! You are super cute with that pixie cut, but your curl pattern is lovely so keep up the great work growing it out.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

LOVELY! Congrats on your growth, yes curly hair does grow, I know this from my own experience. You look very happy!

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

You look adorable both ways but I TOTALLY understand wanting your longer hair back! looks great!
    3/9/2015 decided to grow out gray Cut to pixie: 3/9/2015 BSL 4/2018, Cut to shoulder 6/2021. Started coloring again 2018. Currently growing out & going back to gray Goal length: waist+

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Happy Anniversary! Love your curls in the 3rd picture.
    ~Renegray Gang Member~

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

You look so cute both ways, but your longer curls really look great! Happy anniversary!

Length
    Chin/48.5/54
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Your curls are so beautiful!
    MrsGuther

Length
    19/19/42
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Yay for great growth! Your curls are so cute! And congrats on the big chop. I'm such a scaredy-cat.
    Trimming the bad off as the good grows! (Maintaining and not measuring )

Type
    1c/M/iii

Beautiful curls!!

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Hooray for you, hooray for your gorgeous locks! I love how adorable you look. ^.^