Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandpaper?

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Sandpaper?

I tried CO and on the 2nd one discovered that it wouldn't work for me, so since then I have oiled and shampoo'd twice, but I am finding that after I rinse out the shampoo, my hair feels a bit like sandpaper.
    What does it want??
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Sandpaper?

May I ask a question? Why do you think CO is not for you? Just curious. I know it doesn't work for many people but depending on the reason you think it is failing tinkering it could make it work. The first time I tried CO it didn't really do anything special. But next time I tried it I couldn't imagine putting shampoo on my head ever again other than to clarify.

But, it sounds like your hair needs some moisture. Have you tried a SnowyMoon Treatment? They're really good to use after clarifying and I even have no problem using them in between clarifing.

There's a big thread about the treatment you could do a search for. You could also try a leave in or leave in some of your oil.

Also, were you using cones before and did you clarify before trying CO?
    Last edited by Mairéad; September 24th, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Well, that's one year down since pixie. I have been knighted as 'turbo grower.'

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia View Post
    I tried CO and on the 2nd one discovered that it wouldn't work for me, so since then I have oiled and shampoo'd twice, but I am finding that after I rinse out the shampoo, my hair feels a bit like sandpaper.
    What does it want??

Maybe your hair needs shampoo. Some hairs do. Maybe you should try something sweer, gently sulfate-free shampoo and then after that, deep treatment.
    Lady Ithilwen of the Shimmering Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mairéad View Post
    May I ask a question? Why do you think CO is not for you? Just curious. I know it doesn't work for many people but depending on the reason you think it is failing tinkering it could make it work. The first time I tried CO it didn't really do anything special. But next time I tried it I couldn't imagine putting shampoo on my head ever again other than to clarify.

But, it sounds like your hair needs some moisture. Have you tried a SnowyMoon Treatment? They're really good to use after clarifying and I even have no problem using them in between clarifing.

There's a big thread about the treatment you could do a search for. You could also try a leave in or leave in some of your oil.

Also, were you using cones before and did you clarify before trying CO?
    After the 2nd CO my scalp started itching, and seeing as the last time that happened I ended up loosing all my hair, no more CO.

to clarify, after my hair is dry, it is super soft, it is just while it is wet that it feels so rough. I will look for the snowymoon treatment thread!
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Safira View Post
    Maybe your hair needs shampoo. Some hairs do. Maybe you should try something sweer, gently sulfate-free shampoo and then after that, deep treatment.
    I use that kind of shampoo already, but I will look into the deep treatment, thanks

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I would suggest that your clarify first. Use a shampoo labeled "clarifying" and wash your entire length with it. Then do a SMT with the non cone conditioner of your choice. Clarifying is harsh and stripping so you need to put the moisture back in to your hair. Then give CO washing another try. If the Suave isn't working for you, try another cheap cone free conditioner.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    18/23.5/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I agree with Carolyn, my hair is the same way with CO, i just can't do it. mine was feeling that way every time i washed.. I went to the salon to get a trim and this time i let her wash it, wa la, it is awesome now. no more straw. she clarified it, it feels so much better.. I have to have shampoo, and i myself have to use sulfates, because my hair looks awful if i don't. I have recently gone back to cones, and i am so glad i did, i missed them so much. my hair is shiny and manageable i think i have found my groove.. I hope you find yours soon.. Good luck
    Rapunzel Rapunzel Let Down Your Hair, and she replies, " Are you crazy, do you know how many split ends i will get?"

Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Hmmm, thanks I really don't think my hair needs claryifying, but then, what do I know? I'll give it a try. Need to find somewhere to purchase aloe before I can SMT, so I guess I better get on that..

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

The clear Fruit of the Earth aloe can be purchased at Walmart and is with the hand lotions, NOT the sunscreen and other aloes. This aloe is used by many here and seems to agree with most people's hair. Try to avoid green aloe gels as these tend to have alcohol and numbing agents in them.
    Well, that's one year down since pixie. I have been knighted as 'turbo grower.'

Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mairéad View Post
    The clear Fruit of the Earth aloe can be purchased at Walmart and is with the hand lotions, NOT the sunscreen and other aloes. This aloe is used by many here and seems to agree with most people's hair. Try to avoid green aloe gels as these tend to have alcohol and numbing agents in them.
    Thanks I'll go there tomorrow! Of course, in my walmart, the hand lotions are probably near the fishing supplies, but I digress..