Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andalou Naturals

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Andalou Naturals

Have any of you tried these products?

I've tried the one for volume, but I'm allergic to lavender so that was a no go but my mom who has finer and thinner hair than I really enjoys it.

Now that my hair is feeling really dry,
    I picked up the one called moisture rich.

Here are the ingredients:
    Shampoo-Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Aqua, Sodium Lauryl Glucosides Hydroxypropyl Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoyl Methyl Taurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Glycine Soya (Soy) Milk, Vanilla Planifolia and Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Extracts*, Manuka Honey, Argania Spinsosa (Argan) and Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oils, Amino Acid Complex (Arginine, Threonine & Serine), Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Extract, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hyaluronic Acid, Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Borago Officinalis (Borage), Rosa Canina (Rosehip) & Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oils*, Glycol Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Amodimethicone, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extracts*, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil*
    *Organic
    Fair Trade
    Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

Conditioner-Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Aqua, Stearylkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcochol, Glycine Soya (Soy) Milk, Argania Spinsosa (Argan) and Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oils, Vanilla Planifolia and Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Extracts*, Manuka Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter*, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Amino Acid Complex (Arginine, Threonine & Serine), Sorbitol, Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Borago Officinalis (Borage), Rosa Canina (Rosehip) & Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oils*, Dimethicone, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extracts*, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil*
    *Organic
    Fair Trade
    Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

Also, if anyone is interested in these products I found them at Whole Foods and here is a link for the site if you want to chem them put: http://andalou.com/
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Default Re: Andalou Naturals

I'm also interested in this brand! I'm also eyeing the Moisture Rich conditioner. The ingredients looke extremely yummy for my hair with argan and avocado oil high on the list and also shea and cocoa butter ^^

Anyone else already tried this one? And how do you like it gabriellerose?
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

They both contain a silicone, so you may need to clarify once in a while. They say "pH balanced" but I wonder, to what pH? Usually it means around 7, like water, but our scalp's pH is closer to 5.

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I got the moisture rich conditioner on a whim and just used it for the first time last night. The smell is delicious. I like the ingredients, but I think the "fruit stem cell" stuff is really goofy, and I was annoyed to reread the ingredient list as I was using it and find dimethicone down near the bottom.

I think I didn't manage to rinse it out fully. In the shower it didn't give my hair much slip, and now my hair looks and feels coated. And a bit tangly. It did bring out the waves, though. And I'm still loving the smell. I'm gonna give it another shot next time and make sure I get absolutely everything rinsed out. (Edit: I'm definitely not going to be trying this one as a leave-in.)
    Last edited by ouseljay; January 14th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Darn, I overlooked the dimethicone Too bad.
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I've used the moisturising condish ( I think it had argan and orange blossom, or something?) and it was sooo good that it was single-handedly responsible for getting me back on cones.
    I think I was so hung up on using natural products that I never realised that my hair kinda loves and needs cones for slip.
    Passionate about puny ponytails

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Anyone ever tried the Citrus shine shampoo? I just got a bottle today and I'm really excited to try it. Looking for a new shampoo since Giovanni 50/50 was reformulated
    January 2012

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Just wanted to update: I've used this shampoo about 3 times this week and I'm completely addicted. It's quite moisturizing and leaves my hair smooth and tangle-free.
    January 2012

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    Just wanted to update: I've used this shampoo about 3 times this week and I'm completely addicted. It's quite moisturizing and leaves my hair smooth and tangle-free.
    I haven't tried the shine one yet, but I have tried the volumizing line and didn't care for it. I worked wonders for my mom though. Does the line have cones? I think the argan one did.
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielleRose View Post
    I haven't tried the shine one yet, but I have tried the volumizing line and didn't care for it. I worked wonders for my mom though. Does the line have cones? I think the argan one did.
    No cones as far as I see in the shine shampoo or conditioner. I think I may pick-up the conditioner this week, too. I really, really love this stuff. I've been shampooing daily (which would usually be overkill for me) and my hair just gets smoother and smoother (but not in a cone-laden way; it feels soft and moisturized)!
    January 2012