Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andalou Naturals

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Andalou Naturals

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    No cones as far as I see in the shine shampoo or conditioner. I think I may pick-up the conditioner this week, too. I really, really love this stuff. I've been shampooing daily (which would usually be overkill for me) and my hair just gets smoother and smoother (but not in a cone-laden way; it feels soft and moisturized)!

That's great!

At my local Whole Foods they are only carrying the volume line, and a line for thinning hair. No shine one though.

They do have all the stylers though...
    Creeping my way back to Classic

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Wow, I just did a search for "Andalou Naturals"-- I didn't know people were talking about it today.

Today was the first time I noticed it in Whole Foods. My store carries the Sweet Orange (is that the moisturizing?) and the Sunflower Citrus (dunno what that one's supposed to do?). I just bought new conditioners, so I didn't buy those (plus I'm not sure I wanna use cones yet)-- but I did buy the Sunflower styling gel (no cones). I'm gonna try it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes!

Kristin, is the Shine the same as the Sunflower? Or the Sweet Orange? Or another?

ETA: Just looked at the site! The Orange is moisture and the Sunflower is shine. Awesome! My store carries the one you're talking about-- and it looks cone-free!

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Just so everyone's aware, both the moisture rich (sweet orange and argan oil) shampoo and conditioner have cones - amodimethicone and dimethicone, respectively. So does the moisture rich styling cream (amo*). That appears to be their only hair line with anything I recognize as a cone. (Why yes, I did just go through them all. ) Too bad for me, since it smells wonderful.

Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Thanks for that, ouseljay! I think I might try the coney line anyway, as I'd been considering going back to cones anyway, and the cones are fairly low on the ingredients list... so it might not be a cone overload, like with Pantene or the like. I'm gonna try the Sunflower line first, though, as it isn't coney. Excited to try my Sunflower gel tonight!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I picked up a bottle of the Sunflower/Citrus Shine Conditioner today, too. SO excited to try it tomorrow!

Annibelle- Let me know about the styling gel; that may be my next purchase!
    January 2012

Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

The gel worked really well! My hair still has a lot of body without being too fuzzy! I'll add a tad more gel next time (I was conservative with it), but it's pretty great! Of course, it's the first hair gel I've used other than FOTE AVG, so I can't compare it to others. (Also, in the photo I just woke up, so that's why it's flatter on the right... hehe.)

And keep me updated on the conditioner! I'm definitely trying it if you like it. Isn't the smell delicious? I haven't really smelled any great products since going to more natural conditioners, so it's nice to smell something yummy.

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I liked the conditioner. Washed Friday and my hair was nice and smooth. I think I might even try a tiny bit as a leave-in. And your results look great!
    January 2012

Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I was just about to ask you how that conditioner worked!

I used a bit too much gel this time, I think, but my hair is still presentable today. I really love this stuff! I keep getting consistent results whenever I use it-- a VERY big deal for my inconsistent waves. I've worn my hair down all week because I like my results.

I'm definitely picking up that conditioner this week.

Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I just used the Shine conditioner! SO came into the bathroom all suspicious when I got out of the shower. He thought the conditioner smelled like orange ice cream. Can you tell we're dieting?

I used the conditioner alone for CO, and then I applied 5 pea-sized drops of the matching gel after. When my hair dried, I scrunched out the gel and was left with soft, shiny hair. It's not quite as wavy as usual (except in front), but maybe that would be remedied by using more gel next time. I like it, though! After I'm finished with all of the conditioners I already have, I think I'll try the coney one for curlies (the moisturizing one).

Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I woke up this morning and was shocked by how shiny my hair is! I've been blessed in that my hair has always been pretty shiny, but wow! This is awesome! I still have to play with ratios, but I think I may have found my Holy Grail products...!!!