Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's me with a hair update finally!

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Talking It's me with a hair update finally!

I know it's been quite some time since I posted much or made an update Sorry, bad hair girl I know.

Here's the skinny on what's been up with me and my hair journey. I grew out my bangs for about 6 months, and got them to chin length. I decided I hate my hairline and the way I look without bangs ... a lot. So I cut them and I'm happy with the way that looks.

The rest of my hair has just kept growing and growing. I surpassed my goal length and didn't even realize it. Life just kept rolling along and before I knew it, my hair was just long! I'm at 37 inches and TB+ length (mid cheekish?). It's FUN. I really like it most of the time.

My washing routine has turned from CWC with sulphate free stuff to CWC and a scalp only wash with the tiniest of regular old Herbal Essences that I have in the shower. Mainly due to laziness. Oops. I have been using Panacea Hair Salve and really like that with the occasional coconut oiling. I do have some mild dryness and a little splitting but not much.

I trimmed about 1/2 an inch twice in the last year. Mainly those stragglers that grow in the center of the hemline where it turns into the "V" point. I'm fairytailing due to more laziness but that's okay with me. It feels good to have healthy, virgin hair that is this long.

I went through a pretty heavy shed/stall last year when I lost my Mom to cancer. *shakes fist at stupid cancer* I seem to be growing again though. I was worried there for a while. I was afraid my terminal length had begun.

So, that's it! I'm still growing and not planning to cut until I get to classic to maintain for a while. That goal is maybe 6 months away or so. I definitely need to get a new photo or two, don't I?
    Last edited by Heavenly Locks; September 5th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Length
    25"/34.5"/???
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Default Re: It's me with a hair update finally!

Where's the pics?
    Shelly
    25/34.5/?????

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

@ Shelly. Maybe I can convince the hubs to be my photographer tomorrow if the sun stays cooperative. I definitely need pics and a new updated siggie photo.

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Yes please post pictures! I remember looking at your photos a long while ago and admiring the length of your hair. Would love to see how long it is now and how different your texture is (or is not) now.
    Almost there!

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Juneii View Post
    Yes please post pictures! I remember looking at your photos a long while ago and admiring the length of your hair. Would love to see how long it is now and how different your texture is (or is not) now.
    My siggie photos are usually blow dried to mostly straight. I can do a natural dried photo for you as well if you like My wurlies are even prettier I think when they get longer. Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Length
    waist/calf/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Your hair sounds lovely! I'm looking forward to updated pics too! Sending hugs and sympathy in the loss of your dear Mother. My DD passed away on the 8th of January this year, and I still miss him! Love, Tressie
    Lady Bernadetta of the Fabulous Four Tops Forever Fanatics ~
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Length
    24"/30"/45"
    Type
    1b/F/i

I'm looking forward to your update pics too! Glad to hear you and your hair are doing well

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother.

It's great to hear from you...I have been wondering how you were doing since those natural disasters in your area, and whether you were in a safe place.

Yes! Pics please whenever you get around to it!

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you; I've been wondering how you've been doing.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother

Looking forward to hair pics
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Glad you are doing ok. What a time Japan has had, terrible!

Sorry about your mom, it's tough to be so far away.

Looking forward to new pics.