Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unintended compliment!

Length
    shldr/bsl+/elbw+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default unintended compliment!

Today I was shoe shopping and I was having a good hair day- my second day hair was in nice ringlets which I had in a side ponytail. As I was checking out and about the leave the store, the cashier said to me- "Oh by the way! I was just wondering, did you curl your hair with a straightener or a curling iron?" And I said, "Actually my hair is just naturally curly like this so I didn't use either!" and she said that she wished hers would be naturally curly like mine

I just thought it was a cute story because a lot of people ask me if my hair is natural but it's not often that someone assumes that it's been heat-styled so it made me pretty confident for the rest of the day haha. Please share if something similar has happened to you too! A friend of mine who is naturally blonde always has people asking how she dyes it so I know there must be more stories out there like mine.

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: unintended compliment!

that is a nice compliment ^^
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Length
    S/BSL/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I once told a girl she had the loveliest hair I have even seen. She was walking in front of me in a shopping centre with long black super shiny hair and I said to her "excuse me but I just wanted to tell you how lovely your hair is". The smile on her face when I said that made me super happy for the day
    grow hair grow!

follow my blog here

Length
    1.5/32.5/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I was once at a dollar store sort of place. I was checking out and this older man had to tell me how neat it was that I had long hair. He said that not many young people grow out their hair. He seemed quite happy! It is nice to get compliments!

Length
    TB/TB/class
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

same experience for me tooo. Two girls asked me in a shopping mall "how is your hair so straight and silky? did u straighten your hair?" then i laughed and said "that is my natural hair".
    that was a beautiful experience for me. Many such i experienced but when you described yours, this experience of mine just got into my head..

thanks for making me remember...

Its nice to receive compliments
    Last edited by kanaka; September 4th, 2011 at 02:40 AM.

Length
    Pixie/46.90/Even
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

People used to think my blond highlights were made in the salon too! I got that from my mother
    Little Bird... Where will the future lead my hair?...
    Growing long hair since September 2004
    My Hair Site - My Pictures - My Songs

People often ask me if my hair is extensions, which is strange because it's not very long. I guess it could be because it grows fast and/or they think it's long or that I cut my hair very poorly and it's so mullet-like that it looks like extensions. I'm not sure if it's a compliment or not .

Length
    APL/MBL/HIP
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

My pupils once asked if I use extensions for length and volume - which made me happy. (Partly because I'd been wondering what they'd been whispering about all lesson!)

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Someone I knew once thought that my curls were all from a curling iron. This was back when I wore my hair down every single day (pre-LHC). Granted, my hair wasn't as long then as it is now, but it was probably BSL when curly at the time! (Who the hell has time to curl their ENTIRE HEAD every single morning???)

People just don't realize that curls do happen naturally, b/c almost everyone with curly hair straightens it these days, so the only curls anyone does see are usually heat-induced.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I have people compliment me on my waves, which is nice. They're always surprised when I tell them it's my natural texture. On a similar note: it's so sad when I go to the gym and I see ladies heat styling their beautiful curly hair pin straight. I want to tell them "Stop!!!" But I can't.