Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance Faire hairstyles!

Length
    14/31/40
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Renaissance Faire hairstyles!

I do ren faires regularly (I'm part of a reenactment guild) and I usually do my own hair as well as several other people's. My current favorite faire hair style is a dutch lace crown braid sewn up and around my head with ribbon (similar to TorrinPaige's hair taping technique). If you're ever at a faire in SoCal, feel free to look for me, I love to braid!

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Old thread. I just do a simple half up with a flexi. My hair is too tangly and whurly for intricate braiding and we are lucky to get our costumes on correctly before the drive. We are on the way to Faire now. I hope we have fun.

Length
    15/37,8/39.4
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

How was the fair? I´m sure it was fun I really like your outfit!

Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

We had so much fun, it was great. I got really tired from walking around, the grounds were huge. Shopping was excellent, as was the people watching. We found out that my scarf piece was on wrong, and fixed it. Also learned that husband's kilt pin was on upside down to indicate that he was a single guy, so we had a giggle on that one, and I said yeah right, just try that why don't chaaa. Dressing up and playing a role was super fun, although I don't enjoy trying to talk in a Scottish accent because I just sound like a pirate instead.
    Thank you so much for your compliment on my outfit.

So glad we didn't take our kids.

Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Well, a year later we are taking the kids! Bleaaaaachkkk!

Oh well...

Might do my hair up this year...
    Well, I don't know if anyone is going this year. We are going tomorrow and again in a couple of weeks.

I'll like some hair advice. Maybe do something different from a half up with flexi.

Maybe... Still flexi, but braided bun? I might like something that is easy To do (we have a long drive Early in am), I have multiple duplicate flexis I might use. Three extra small and a medium same style. Here is what I tried so far. I have one more x small not shown. Could I make this look better in a different configuration of flexi placement? To do it, I did a half up with both front parts braided and brought back for half up with extra small flexi. I braided the rest and brought braid up and around to top of bun where I added another extra small. Brought around to bottom and added medium.

I forgot to say, going Scottish again. Same costumes as pic above. DH added leg bracers purchased last year. Some lady showed me how to properly do my shawl thingy after that photo was snapped. I was a little tipsy so I don't know if I'll remember right.

I thought of Highlander when I saw your husband in his outfit

Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

This just in. He is letting me do little messy accent braids on him.

I think I got the bun right on the third try. Just have to recreate tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wildcat Diva; November 7th, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

Length
    ?/CL/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    Well, a year later we are taking the kids! Bleaaaaachkkk!

Oh well...
    It will be great fun! I love having the kids at festivals. My enjoyment is only enhanced by watching theirs. It's SO much fun as a family. Ren faires, Highland games, fiber festivals, Country fair, FaerieWorlds... all awesome with kids. Especially when you're camping, too. That's the best. My favorite, anyway. They'll remember the/these day/s forever. Have a fun day!

Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I needed that pep talk!
    Well we have had fun getting costumes together tonight. My father is meeting us there and he is treating us, isn't that nice?
    I just have to keep cool tomorrow and hope we can all play nice. My boys are 15, 13, and 11.

Husband and I will go back for a day alone during Highland Weekend after Thanksgiving.

Length
    ?/CL/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I needed that pep talk!
    Well we have had fun getting costumes together tonight. My father is meeting us there and he is treating us, isn't that nice?
    I just have to keep cool tomorrow and hope we can all play nice. My boys are 15, 13, and 11.

Husband and I will go back for a day alone during Highland Weekend after Thanksgiving.
    Those are nice ages! Truly. It should be lovely. Second to actually being babies that I could safely have attached to me... teens are the best for big events. Your youngest is at a great age to understand he needs to stay close, without you having to do a lot of hand-holding. I have four, and it seems I am forever holding hands! My oldest boys are very old now(18, 16), but I still have a 10 and 7 year old... still holding hands... more for me than them though...