Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much lenght on average does putting hair up at night add to hair eventually?

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Question How much lenght on average does putting hair up at night add to hair eventually?

For those who put their hair up at night (or even cover) have you noticed any difference in length you could grow extra than from before? Let's say you were at terminal before, but started putting it up, how many inches did that add to your terminal length?

Or if it didn't, did it add to the thickness?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: How much lenght on average does putting hair up at night add to hair eventually?

I noticed i can go on longer without a trim (around 7-9 months, if i keep my routine simple and balanced, more) but i also wear my hair up in a bun every day so it benefits more.
    I guess maybe i gain 4 more inches? (Total guess) Because i used to have to trim off 2 inches every 2 months, but i grow an inch per month on average so that's why.
    It's a lot more steady growth without breakage i can tell you that
    Not at terminal yet though!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: How much lenght on average does putting hair up at night add to hair eventually?

This would be impossible for me to know.

I put my hair up at night not for extra growth but because it smothers me otherwise.

Purple YT Gamer Queen Messyhair's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/CBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Again, not sure about the extra growth, but I get a lot fewer splits from wearing it up every day and now putting it in a sleep cap at night. My hair thinned out at hip length before, so I'm hoping that thinning won't happen this time. I didn't wear it up a lot when I grew it out before.
    Purple-haired YT gamer: Messyhair Gal

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

If I wear it up during sleep, I get breakage at the back of my head, that's why I stopped doing it. I probably need to wrap it?

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelonghair View Post
    For those who put their hair up at night (or even cover) have you noticed any difference in length you could grow extra than from before? Let's say you were at terminal before, but started putting it up, how many inches did that add to your terminal length? Or if it didn't, did it add to the thickness?
    Putting your hair up is mostly for protection or comfort. You're protecting the ends to prevent damage. In that respect, you are helping your hair reach your goal.

However, putting your hair up will not add to the thickness. Your thickness (or lack thereof) is determined by your genes.

Length
    22/26.5/34+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I haven't noticed any difference from sleeping with my hair up or in a braid. It only helps with it becoming less tangled and therefore I have less knots to yank out and less damage from brushing.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'd say nothing. I prefer sleeping with it loose for comfort. I get more tangles from wearing it in a ponytail for an hour than I do with sleeping with it loose all night.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I wear it in a french braid to sleep because otherwise it gets in my face; however, I don't notice any difference in the condition of my hair from sleeping with it up or loose. I do get more tangles if I sleep with it loose, but my hair detangles easily. I also have a satin pillowcase. As for length I'd say it won't really make much difference. And definitely not in thickness.

Oh and I also french braid it every night for PRACTICE!
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Putting your hair up is mostly for protection or comfort. You're protecting the ends to prevent damage. In that respect, you are helping your hair reach your goal.

However, putting your hair up will not add to the thickness. Your thickness (or lack thereof) is determined by your genes.
    I was about to ask how on earth putting your hair up at night could help with growth. I guess it doesn't. If it did, what would be the principle behind it?