Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding hair trial - WDYT? (pic heavy)

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Wedding hair trial - WDYT? (pic heavy)

I origianlly wanted some sort of a braided style. So I went to a stylist recommended by my makeup artist. I had sent her a pic of my hair and told her how long it was beforehand and she said no problem. I get there and she can't braid, but I said lets try it anyway. Well she tried for over two hours and no go.

I went to a second stylist who I was told does braid. Well I get there and she doesn't. The girl I spoke with was new and misinformed. Since I already drove over an hour to get there I figured what the heck. This was the result.

I have a third trial set up on Saturday that I was going to cancel, but my sister says this one doesn't frame my face well. I like it, but think she might be right. My future m-i-l & friend both like it, but I think they may just like the curls and aren't looking at how it complements me.

So what do you guys think?

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Wedding hair trial - WDYT? (pic heavy)

Not wanting to be mean but it pulls your face down. I would suggest depending on the dress going for an updo - say a high plated bun with the tiara around it.

Quick question - are you having a veil? and what sort of dress - slim or fluffy?

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

You have a long, narrow face like I do! I think it is very pretty, and I like that it isn't too severe but frames your face.

What would you change that you feel would flatter you more?
    Picture on left in front of "my" flower.
    Photo Album
    No more Mr. Nice Gaius.

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Elph, that kinda is an up do, lol. I wanted to do a half up, but once I got my dress I didn't want to cover it. This was one solution. I want something soft around the face because my profile is way too severe without my glasses and I won't be wearing them on my wedding day. I am wearing a veil, but only for the ceremony. My dress is slim, it's a fit and flare a-line. http://www.casablancabridal.com/coll...s/view/26/307#

Magdalene thank you. I honestly don't know what I'd change. Day to day I wear my hair up to protect it. On special occasions I usually wear it down or in a half up. I didn't want to cover the beautiful back of my dress and I thought this was a good solution. Now I'm not sure. I'm usually not wishy washy, but I wasn't completely sure on this and when my sister said she doesn't like it it pushed my unsure. If you get what I mean.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    24"/26"/30"
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I took a look in your albums and you really have gorgeous hair! But this style looks a little.. tortured. It doesn't show off the natural beauty of your hair.
    If I had a prayer, it would be this: "God spare me from the desire for love, approval, and appreciation. Amen." - Byron Katie

Type
    2a/M/ii

I have to agree with Cassie 123. It looks too overdone, and your hair's natural beauty isn't being complimented.

I think I see what the stylist was trying to do, but it's not really working.
    SuperCool Sunglasses generously provided by snowbear!
    Lady Wavelengthe of Auburne Waves, Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Hm.

It's a nice style, but I don't think it suits your face. It's a little...frou frou? Not polished?

It's also the 'default formal' hairstyle that so many hairstylists seem to fall back on. Curl, pin, done. And a wedding should be special, not default!

You're looking for someone to braid your hair...you know who the best are, right? Hairstylists for African American hair. Many can also do great jobs on Caucasian hair, why not give them a go?

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Honestly, I think there could be something a little more flattering done in front, and in the back, the curls seem a little messy. But perhaps for the actual day, they would be made to be more neat? I don't mean any insults, and I strongly believe you should go with whatever makes you feel the most beautiful.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    ~APL/33/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

It's pretty, but it doesn't say "Wow!" to me. It looks more like a prom style, imo. You said you're unsure of it, and on your wedding day especially, you deserve to have a style that is exactly what you want and makes you feel like a princess!
    If braiding is what you want, you should look into it...I think a braided style would look really nice with that BEAUTIFUL dress!

Goal is a couple of inches longer with thicker ends and longer layers!

I like it but I don't love it! I think if you really want a braid you should get one! Also, I think a style with more volume in the back of your head would look great.